Check my tune?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I know when I built my first tune I took me to figure out a defueling issue I had. Around 90 she would defuel. After data logging and more data logging I figure out I did not adjust my speed liiter. Its stupid little things like these that made learning to tune hard.
Also to the OP there are people who share there smaller tunes to give you a idea and something to compare off of. I think Kori use to have some on his website.

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
Well if you dont mind, when you get a chance could you scope out my lly tune?

Attachments

• StockLLY.tun
    625.6 KB · Views: 1
  • StockLLY_0000 modified.tun
    629 KB · Views: 4

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Also to the OP there are people who share there smaller tunes to give you a idea and something to compare off of. I think Kori use to have some on his website.

I totally agree:) We use to share lots of tunes when EFI first came out!
Now people just seem to buy from a paticular vendor:( I understand why but if more people actually tuned there own trucks this thread would be full of helpfull info.

I asked this same question about LBZ and got 1 reply!

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
I totally agree:) We use to share lots of tunes when EFI first came out!
Now people just seem to buy from a paticular vendor:( I understand why but if more people actually tuned there own trucks this thread would be full of helpfull info.

I asked this same question about LBZ and got 1 reply!

i agree with this. I run robs tunes and love them. But since the day i bought my truck i wanted to learn how to tune my own truck.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The thing that makes it tough is it takes a lot of time and diesel fuel to learn. Then its a whole new ball game once you do bigger injectors, turbos and more cp3s. I was having fun tell I limped out my lb7 with me last tune. She did not like 1850

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
The thing that makes it tough is it takes a lot of time and diesel fuel to learn. Then its a whole new ball game once you do bigger injectors, turbos and more cp3s. I was having fun tell I limped out my lb7 with me last tune. She did not like 1850

yea this is my problem, when i get twins, bigger injectors, dual cp3s and so on, i think i will be lost on how to tune it. like said there is not a lot of info on this subject. But im tryin my hardest to understand it all

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Bigger injectors are easier than one thinks. When i first had 40 overs I made a lot of changes,I found that you really dont need to change a lot.

Big turbos IMO are a bit more difficult, TLIQ & Base TQ and Timing
Having a road runner really helped me!

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Bigger injectors are easier than one thinks. When i first had 40 overs I made a lot of changes,I found that you really dont need to change a lot.

Big turbos IMO are a bit more difficult, TLIQ & Base TQ and Timing
Having a road runner really helped me!

Whats a road runner if you dont mind me asking?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Really with bigger injectors ur changing pulse width and timing right?

Not really unless your smaller tunes need less fuel. Basically with bigger injectors you can get more fuel in there without having the injector open as long. But yet if your talking a max effort tune then probley just leave it unless your cp3 says screw you cause it cant keep up.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Whats a road runner if you dont mind me asking?

Its a custom ECM that allows real time tuning,Moates made them for the LB7. Best mod eva!:D

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47100&highlight=road+runner

Not really unless your smaller tunes need less fuel. Basically with bigger injectors you can get more fuel in there without having the injector open as long. But yet if your talking a max effort tune then probley just leave it unless your cp3 says screw you cause it cant keep up.

Pretty much bang on,Useally just need to change pressure at idle to accomidate for smoke and possibly lower PW in the lower areas pending inj size.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
hmm.... i hear that data logging is the best way to tune, but im not really sure what pids i would need and how to read the datalog. i am pretty good at reading datalogs for regens on cat engines, but havent quite figured out this efi datalog business yet. is there somewhere that good info on datalogging is published that i can read up on? ive tried searching it before with little luck.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
hmm.... i hear that data logging is the best way to tune, but im not really sure what pids i would need and how to read the datalog. i am pretty good at reading datalogs for regens on cat engines, but havent quite figured out this efi datalog business yet. is there somewhere that good info on datalogging is published that i can read up on? ive tried searching it before with little luck.

for starting out just use the duramax pid. log the truck with your tune open and it will highlight (hover) the area that you are running on.

doing that you will see and learn a lot! look at tliq base tq tables during a shift.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Also see if your maintaining rail pressure. A small tune you should be ok but sometimes the cp3 is to weak for tunes.

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
for starting out just use the duramax pid. log the truck with your tune open and it will highlight (hover) the area that you are running on.

doing that you will see and learn a lot! look at tliq base tq tables during a shift.

i been trying to do this. i open scan tool and start logging data and then open my tune and i dont see it showing up on any of the tables? what am i doing wrong?