Check my tune?

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
I would like to see if somebody that knows what they are looking at could check my tune i made. This is my first lb7 tune. Ive made a lly tune. The lb7 tune im really not sure about, I would like for somebody to tell me if i made all the right changes and if its a decent tune. Its not meant to be a big tune, and i dont plan on running it on my truck (i might test it, if i get the go ahead), but im just trying to learn how to tune, and maybe in the next ten years or so i can be a good tuner haha. Thanks

Attachments

• Modified lb7 tune.tun
    392.4 KB · Views: 27
  • pcm file.tun
    390.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Can you post your stock tune also? Ill have a look at it for you.

Lb7 and LLY are pretty much the same, you just dont have the vane tables to deal with:)

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The best thing you can do is run it and then make small changes. Then you know what your actually changing as you drive.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
For starters I would adjust the bottom cell off b1010 to 0
I would also increase fuel pressure from 90mm3 + at the 2400 + mark to ateast 170mpa. Just a suggestion

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
For the record, if anything is right i will be lucky. I just figured its easier this way than coming on here asking about individual tables. this way somebody can tell me what i did wrong, or if the tune is even going to make a difference. Thanks again

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
ok this may be a dumb question, but i made the changes to the fuel pressure to 170Mpa in the cells you said, is that something i smooth out or just let it ramp up?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ok, will do :thumb:
Edit: just for my learning purposes, could you explain why you would make the changes.

The B1010 table controls the regulator on the cp3 pump. By putting this to 0 in the last cell it insures your regulator is wide open at wide open throttle.

Increasing fuel pressure is a simple way to add fuel without changing the pulse width. With a small tune this is a easy way to add fuel:)

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
The B1010 table controls the regulator on the cp3 pump. By putting this to 0 in the last cell it insures your regulator is wide open at wide open throttle.

Increasing fuel pressure is a simple way to add fuel without changing the pulse width. With a small tune this is a easy way to add fuel:)

Ok, makes sense

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
ok this may be a dumb question, but i made the changes to the fuel pressure to 170Mpa in the cells you said, is that something i smooth out or just let it ramp up?

Its not a dumb question, I personally would just do that or you can do a 5 mpa jump.

Nextstep is to log it and see iff rail maintains;).

Also, I looked at your tune and you have actually decreased fuel in certain areas.

If you want a small HP gain then just increase fuel press and PW in the 150+ and 90+mm3 areas this will increase wot

There is a timing calculator posted on this site that will help

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
subd. also trying to learn without burning my shit down. also, where is this calculator?

Our trucks a really forgiving, Learning how to read a logis very important.

IMO TLIQ & Base TQ are the top tables
PW and Fuel press come second
TBIQ is 3rd
The rest are limiters for the most part
Timing just needs to be adjusted from the PW and press tables:)

dieseladdiction23

Nov 13, 2012
Celina, Tx
Its not a dumb question, I personally would just do that or you can do a 5 mpa jump.

Nextstep is to log it and see iff rail maintains;).

Also, I looked at your tune and you have actually decreased fuel in certain areas.

If you want a small HP gain then just increase fuel press and PW in the 150+ and 90+mm3 areas this will increase wot

There is a timing calculator posted on this site that will help

Ok, Ill give that a try. Ive used the timing calculator, its a very helpful tool. Thanks man for checking it out. My other question is how do i go about adjusting the desired boost table. I know its only used for a reference, and will throw a CEL if not correct, but i would like to have it right, to prevent overboost in some kind of failure

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ok, Ill give that a try. Ive used the timing calculator, its a very helpful tool. Thanks man for checking it out. My other question is how do i go about adjusting the desired boost table. I know its only used for a reference, and will throw a CEL if not correct, but i would like to have it right, to prevent overboost in some kind of failure

Really tough to overboost the stock turbo when you dont add a ton a fuel and NOS:D Unless you got "juice grips"

If you are onlly adjusting the 90+ mm3 table then you should only have to adjust all other tables at the 90+:) You can add to desired boost tables or just shut off the code.

I see that you have gone in to limiter table, Thats good! Look at all the tables and read descriptions. EFI did a great job on describing the tables:)

If you ever get a code then use the search in EFI tune and it will tell you all the tables that relate to that