Chasing idle problem

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
I've got an inter. idle problem with my truck.
Sometimes it fine, smooth no smoke or smell, then randomly I'll come to a stop and blue haze/ smoke starts coming out the idle surges up and down and the exhaust just smells like raw fuel, balance rates are ok.
Could my lift pump be causing this ? Sucking air or inconsistant pressure to the cp3's ?

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
balistix was your truck doing that all the time or would it come and go ? i'm not sure if i'm getting air in my fuel system causing this or a bad injector. either or, or could be both

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
When it starts doing this at idle take EFI live if you have it and use the DVT to control idle pressure. Ramp up a few KPA at a time to see if smoke clears and fuel smell goes away. If you have luck and I'm pretty confident you will it will be injectors.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
Well I ended up finding that my fuel pickup is sucking air, if keep it above 1/2 tank it never happens, but if it drops below it starts to come and go. I drilled holes below my pickup in the bucket so I didn't suck the bucket dry. And I don't have an air seperation lift pump just 2 filters a mallory comp 140 pump and a boost referenced regulator. The injectors may be some of the issue but sucking air is multiplying the problem