Change oil indicator

Scott87

Nov 3, 2013
From what I have read only kodiaks have a light showing when a regen is happening. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
You said your truck is stock (besides the tuner & K&N air filter.) If your exhaust is stock itll have a DPF. Also these trucks dont have a regen light.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
ive never seen a light come on for regen in my dads 2010. that was on a 12hr towing trip to South Lake Tahoe from Phx AZ. his truck is 100% stock and fully loaded

Yep, no light in the LMM to indicate regen. If your still regening then there s a DPF otherwise you would have raw fuel or fire coming out your tailpipe when it attempts to clean itself. Take a pic of the exhaust system and post it up. More than likely it is present and is soot loaded, the newer systems have a soot diverter to keep the particulate matter from loading up in one spot on the face of the DPF, the older trucks did not and had issues with constant regens as a result. The fix could be as simple as forced regen with the PPE programmer...

Last edited:

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
Ladies and Gentleman i have to stand corrected I was wrong yes I do have a DPF I made the mistake and was looking from the passenger side vs the drivers side so i couldn't see it in front of the transmission cross member. I've attached some pictures that shows the DPF. I've also attached a pic of the program I use that shows / tells me that the truck is doing another regen. I pulled out the K&N airfilter replaced with stock AC delco, cleaned mass airflow sensor really good. The truck is still going into regen mode often, I just reset it back to stock last night but does anyone have any ideas why its going into regen so much I though it was the mass airflow sensor being dirty but i've cleaned that completely.

Any help will be appreciated and again sorry I was wrong regarding my DPF.

Attachments

• DPF.jpg
    DPF.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140828_162650.jpg
    20140828_162650.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140828_162704.jpg
    20140828_162704.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Torque.jpg
    Torque.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 20

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Could be a plugged DPF. I am not sure if people are still getting them cleaned. If the truck was making tons of soot they can be clogged real bad word normal regeneration cycle won't remove it all.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Ladies and Gentleman i have to stand corrected I was wrong yes I do have a DPF I made the mistake and was looking from the passenger side vs the drivers side so i couldn't see it in front of the transmission cross member. I've attached some pictures that shows the DPF. I've also attached a pic of the program I use that shows / tells me that the truck is doing another regen. I pulled out the K&N airfilter replaced with stock AC delco, cleaned mass airflow sensor really good. The truck is still going into regen mode often, I just reset it back to stock last night but does anyone have any ideas why its going into regen so much I though it was the mass airflow sensor being dirty but i've cleaned that completely.

Any help will be appreciated and again sorry I was wrong regarding my DPF.

Do a forced regen with the ppe...

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
Definitely a stock exhaust there. That being said... I have a completely midified truck, and it is EFI live tuned. I have the same problem with the oil life monitor. I get about 1,000 miles from 100% to 0%. I talked with Duramax Tuner about it, and they said there is nothing they can do in the tuning and not to worry about it and change it at normal intervals. I have been changing mine every 1,500 miles for piece of mind!! Thank god I don't drive my truck everyday anymore or I'd be going broke changing oil!

I'm in no way saying it's good, but Mine is doing it too!

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
Definitely a stock exhaust there. That being said... I have a completely midified truck, and it is EFI live tuned. I have the same problem with the oil life monitor. I get about 1,000 miles from 100% to 0%. I talked with Duramax Tuner about it, and they said there is nothing they can do in the tuning and not to worry about it and change it at normal intervals. I have been changing mine every 1,500 miles for piece of mind!! Thank god I don't drive my truck everyday anymore or I'd be going broke changing oil!

I'm in no way saying it's good, but Mine is doing it too!
Really? :eek:
Man, if youre deleted, & regardless what the oil life thing says, you can go much longer then 1.5K miles.

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
Question is it possible for a dirty mass airflow sensor to cause the truck to regen sooner meaning run rich and that cause it to have more soot and cause my issue?
Reason I ask is I finally pulled the sensor out completely out the housing and sprayed the crap out of it vs just spraying it when it was still in the tube. I'm stock again and it only did 1 regen all last week vs 2-3 that it did prior to that.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Question is it possible for a dirty mass airflow sensor to cause the truck to regen sooner meaning run rich and that cause it to have more soot and cause my issue?
Reason I ask is I finally pulled the sensor out completely out the housing and sprayed the crap out of it vs just spraying it when it was still in the tube. I'm stock again and it only did 1 regen all last week vs 2-3 that it did prior to that.

Yes, that is definitely a possibility...

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
ok so I'm confused now my truck is going into Regen every 120 or so miles so truck is completely stock that is 3-4 times per tank. Anyone have ideas? or Directions?