centerlink??

Hired Gun

Nov 20, 2006
Milford, Kentucky
Had one and sold it last fall to help out a buddy that bought a D-Max.

Pat I will order one on Monday. Thanks. Hey your turbo and stuff is great. I will send my stock tune so I can get the 2 tunes. Just behind right now with life.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
has anyone seen crankitups new centerlink seems to be the same design and considerably cheaper not bashing micheals stuff because i have plenty of stuff from him on my truck but wont both accomplish the same thing with a straight bar design?

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
This one looks good and strong and won't effect your turning radius. I hear complaints about the straight centerlinks not turning as good as stock. I think this modified centerlink came from Redline Diesel. Anyone seen this before? This was over on TDP

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This one looks good and strong and won't effect your turning radius. I hear complaints about the straight centerlinks not turning as good as stock. I think this modified centerlink came from Redline Diesel. Anyone seen this before? This was over on TDP

Exactly how is that supposed to stop the centerlink from rotating? :confused:

The problem is centerlink rotation, not bending.

That is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl

Gusseting the stock centerlink does not keep it from rotating. However, if you install cognito braces and install the solid mount supersteer Idler with weld-in frame brace, rotation of the stock centerlink is virtually nil. It would then bend or flex because it can no longer rotate. We saw a stock centerlink fold/bend really bad at the pulls last October. This weld job is a bandaid for a poor design, but I'll bet it would work. I Think theres a thread over on TDP now that shows photo's of a bent aftermarket centerlink.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
has anyone seen crankitups new centerlink seems to be the same design and considerably cheaper not bashing micheals stuff because i have plenty of stuff from him on my truck but wont both accomplish the same thing with a straight bar design?

A straight bar fixes the problem. It does reduce turning radius because it removes the Ackermann from the front suspension geometry.

Ackermann is a concept as old as horse drawn wagons. When you turn tight, you need the inside tire to turn sharper that the outside one. By staggering the centerlink and tierod pivot, it forces the inside tire to a tighter arc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

Bending does exist:D Ive bent a stocker and a superdiesel centerlink...bad setup:eek:

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA

I did this to my centerlink a while ago, it made no improvement at all even with the cognito braces, check my grage on the DP i have a few pics in there of my center link, it will be coming off soon to replace it with my new SD link!!!!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
If you gusset your center link, you can also connect it to the crossmember below it with a turn buckle, to keep it from folding up, and that way you have adjustment with it, this is what lots of big name pullers have done.

LTChip

Aug 30, 2006
If one will launch their truck pretty rarely but is running some pretty high #2 power (450+) is a centerlink needed or just tie-rod sleeves (or do I not even need those)? I'd rather not lose any turning radius as this is mostly a daily driver/horse trailer pulling truck.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
If one will launch their truck pretty rarely but is running some pretty high #2 power (450+) is a centerlink needed or just tie-rod sleeves (or do I not even need those)? I'd rather not lose any turning radius as this is mostly a daily driver/horse trailer pulling truck.

You should be fine with sleeves. Blue had 400 passes approx before we also added braces.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I really didnt notice any lose of turning with my center link Guess its just me, I never like cranking the wheel all the way to the stops

Spurs_442

Nov 7, 2007
North central Ohio
I didn't really notice much loss of turning radius either. I have one of crankitups. The only thing that I have noticed is it pushes the front end more while turning.