Cecilton Pulls

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
yes like people who hide water meth, and strap their front ends.

strapping the front end is way more of an advantage then a 100lbs bumper.

and stupid, ive never strapped my front end, heard to many bad storys about it....o and the water/meth hasnt been hooked up all year and i only used for one pull last year and that was the last pull at the buck when i had no lift pump and stock trans still.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Not all of us can afford to:
1. Blow a motor.$2000 and warranty covered the rest.
2. Try to rebuild their own trans.$1600 for parts
3. Pay someone else to fix their trans.$3000 but i gave my dad my car to cover it.
4. And still run the dogshit out of their truck as if nothing happened!!!:D:Dand you wouldnt know it but i make way less money then you do.

Hopefully make the 6th Curtis.

hope to see ya there, so far im the only return points champ and i missed the first event.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
and stupid, ive never strapped my front end, heard to many bad storys about it....o and the water/meth hasnt been hooked up all year and i only used for one pull last year and that was the last pull at the buck when i had no lift pump and stock trans still.

i didnt name any names

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
yes like people who hide water meth, and strap their front ends.

strapping the front end is way more of an advantage then a 100lbs bumper.

tj plz explain to me how strapping a front end is a advantage? i used to strapped my till i got my braces, and i was so tired of ppl saying i was cheating bc i strapped my center link.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
tj plz explain to me how strapping a front end is a advantage? i used to strapped my till i got my braces, and i was so tired of ppl saying i was cheating bc i strapped my center link.

not the center link, the whole front end. like frame to axle or frame to suspension.

when done wrong it results in horrible bounce, but when done right it makes the the whole front of the truck act like a giant weight box. there is a reason it is written into most pulling rules with big organizations.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
not the center link, the whole front end. like frame to axle or frame to suspension.

when done wrong it results in horrible bounce, but when done right it makes the the whole front of the truck act like a giant weight box. there is a reason it is written into most pulling rules with big organizations.

there was a 6.0 that did this at cecilton and he got crazy bounce and the straps feel off the truck, but 6.0s dont need them to bounce, ive gotten my truck to act like that with just suspension mods, all within the rules everywhere i go, cept for the adjustable blocks, mason dixon makes me pull them out but if i have the spring clamps on my rear dosent drop the 3in to hit the blocks so idk why i even have em on there.

also something similar was brought up in a drivers meeting at the buck about GM trucks dropping there t-bars, yes it gets em to leane forward but not all the GM trucks can keep them racked while pulling so its not really an advantage plus it keeps us from breaking some really expensive parts.

Last edited:

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
yea alot of ppl thought we were strapping our front ends down thats why they were so low in the front, tj thats what i thought u were talking about. but yea that 6.0 has been doing that for a while he says he hasnt but, what else would make a the front end sit lower. and yea has bet me once wen he strapped it down, but every other time he strapped it, it hopped really bad.

I just dont understand why ppl have to try to cheat to beat us. i mean look at the white cummins at cecilton last weekend that had first in the street stock, everybody know as soon as he came off the line, he didnt have a stock turbo. and im glad they dq him.

jalanv1

Nov 21, 2007
Blairs Mills, Pa.
Are you not allowed to run with a aftermarket bumper? Just curious, because I have one and was planning on coming to the buck this year. Still fairly new @ the truck pulling thing.

jim

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
yea alot of ppl thought we were strapping our front ends down thats why they were so low in the front, tj thats what i thought u were talking about. but yea that 6.0 has been doing that for a while he says he hasnt but, what else would make a the front end sit lower. and yea has bet me once wen he strapped it down, but every other time he strapped it, it hopped really bad.

I just dont understand why ppl have to try to cheat to beat us. i mean look at the white cummins at cecilton last weekend that had first in the street stock, everybody know as soon as he came off the line, he didnt have a stock turbo. and im glad they dq him.

i wanna know how he passed tech in the first place, ppl bitch about how much my truck smokes but thats all tuneing when i dodge smokes like he did then it clears up when the turbo lites thats def. not stock.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Are you not allowed to run with a aftermarket bumper? Just curious, because I have one and was planning on coming to the buck this year. Still fairly new @ the truck pulling thing.

jim

as far as i know, no you cant but i would try anyways, i believe they were trying to stop ppl who had, home made bumpers that weighed an extra few hundred pounds.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008

i wanna know how he passed tech in the first place, ppl bitch about how much my truck smokes but thats all tuneing when i dodge smokes like he did then it clears up when the turbo lites thats def. not stock.

that truck is sitting in my driveway right now with the head off the motor. i know what charger is on the truck and no its not stock, but travis bailey teched him and told him he could run the street stock class with that turbo. he said "Are you sure, its not a stock turbo" and travis told him he was good.

he was ready to pull the modified class but they told him to run stock class. he wasnt trying to cheat, and if it makes you feel better, that truck makes less power then both of you with his water/meth on, and its 75hp less with it off and he doesnt spray it when pulling.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
that truck is sitting in my driveway right now with the head off the motor. i know what charger is on the truck and no its not stock, but travis bailey teched him and told him he could run the street stock class with that turbo. he said "Are you sure, its not a stock turbo" and travis told him he was good.

he was ready to pull the modified class but they told him to run stock class. he wasnt trying to cheat, and if it makes you feel better, that truck makes less power then both of you with his water/meth on, and its 75hp less with it off and he doesnt spray it when pulling.

yea but you know how dodges pull :rofl:, i like how its funny travis let him into stock class, but put marty into mod class and hes got what a GT37 turbo and is makin way less power then me.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
yea but you know how dodges pull :rofl:, i like how its funny travis let him into stock class, but put marty into mod class and hes got what a GT37 turbo and is makin way less power then me.

yea dodges pull like sh!t...they could never hang with dmax power!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i dunno why travis did that, i wasn't there to ask travis myself.

but yea power dont matter...the guy that got 2nd behind me at the buck last month had me outpowered by almost 200hp.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
yea dodges pull like sh!t...they could never hang with dmax power!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i dunno why travis did that, i wasn't there to ask travis myself.

but yea power dont matter...the guy that got 2nd behind me at the buck last month had me outpowered by almost 200hp.

exactly, power dont matter in pullin, travis tried to bump me up to mod if i didnt unhook my water/meth, i jumped outa my truck real quick, but now that i know he let a bigger turbo truck pull stock im gonna give him all kinds of shit next time i see him :D

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore

yea i know what ya mean, he tried to bump me up bc he said i had water-meth, and the line he was talking about was my line going to my boost guage, and thats screwed up that he let that truck thur tech, everybody knew as soon as he lite the turbo he shouldnt of been there.