Cat fuel filter mod

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Does any one use the cat fuel filter mod that works with the factory setup, I've heard there much better filters but just wanted to hear it from you guys if it was worth the $90-$130 to buy, the other thing is the filters are only $20 compared to the $60 for the oem ones.

If you do run this does your truck have the W.I.F sensor and does it hook up to the cat fuel filter mod? Not to be rude but I don't need a lift pump right now so I'm. Not looking for guys to just say but an air dog and you'll be set.

Thanks for the input in advance

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
So in other words I can't do the cat filter mod? Because I have the WIF sensor, I guess I'm just trying to have the best setup possible without buying a $600 lift pump

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Sorry guys they might be dumb questions but this is my first diesel and I'll be the first to tell you I don't really know a whole heck of a lot about the Duramax I just own one

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
You can run the adapter just do not use a cat filter on it as your primary fuel filter. You have to run a Donaldson filter on the adapter to have a water separator.

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
My water in fuel light has never come on either I was just trying to pay $20 for a better filter rather than $60

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
In 4 different duramax' I have yet to see my water in fuel light come on.

You drive yours 20 miles a year in Arizona. Wait tell you get in the Midwest. I've learned the water in fuel sensor on these trucks suck. I have opened the drain many times without the light on and had a teaspoon or 3 of water come out.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
You drive yours 20 miles a year in Arizona. Wait tell you get in the Midwest. I've learned the water in fuel sensor on these trucks suck. I have opened the drain many times without the light on and had a teaspoon or 3 of water come out.

I've seen pools of water at the bottom of my fuel tank from condensation and temp swings

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I don't think they do. My wires in my WIF plug broke in the cold and not once did it ever register that it was disconnected. I think if it worked it would've noticed it wasn't plugged in

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I ripped my wiring all the way out completely, I'm also convinced they do not work.

OP if you had a liftpump like airdog or fass you could use the cat filter in the stock location as the liftpump have water separators on them.

But then again I've never gotten any water out of the airdog water seperator either.