Casper has been sold.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What turbo/s is on Casper? Has to be some old school turbos still.

You going to change things up or just fire it up and race it?

It did have a fairly decent size set of ball bearing turbos 80mm/96mm I believe? It's been so long I can't remember

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Congrats Nate!!! cant wait to see that old girl hammering down the track again! :woott::woott:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You guys don't know how close Pat got to a 9 sec run at Famosa years ago. I was in the stands with Guy when Pat launched and I said to Guy " this is big ".
We were a about the 300' mark and Casper fell on its face blowing black smoke. Almost stopped and then picked up and took off. Saw Pat abort the run before the end with brake lights. Pass was 11.0

Some dumbshit left 3 rags in the right side intercooler tube.:rolleyes::eek:
I'm not one to mention names but his name starts with a P. :roflmao::hug::D
Love ya P.

Yeah, that's what happens when you stay up all night getting ready and run out of time. Dumb things happen. :D

The truck's best shot at a 9 was in AZ when Gale Banks and I split a track rental at Surprise. The truck spun the waterpump shaft on the first run, and we could not fix it. Gale was really nice, and gave us back our check for the track rental.

Casper is still probably the only vehicle to ever win a drag event, a sled pull, and set a Land Speed Record all in a year.

A lot of good times, and a lot challenges, and a lot of adventures in that truck.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yeah, that's what happens when you stay up all night getting ready and run out of time. Dumb things happen. :D

The truck's best shot at a 9 was in AZ when Gale Banks and I split a track rental at Surprise. The truck spun the waterpump shaft on the first run, and we could not fix it. Gale was really nice, and gave us back our check for the track rental.

Casper is still probably the only vehicle to ever win a drag event, a sled pull, and set a Land Speed Record all in a year.

A lot of good times, and a lot challenges, and a lot of adventures in that truck.

Wonderfull memories. Glad I was allowed to be a part of it.:thumb:
Pat and Kat dropped off Casper the day he was picked up. Pat's words were" you know what we're going to do so make it happen".
The game was afoot.:D:hug:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ah I miss the days of being 20 and jumping on McRat racing to see what Casper had done... I swear it was every week or two that Casper was hitting new records. Thanks for the front row seat via the internet :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Good times. Even when I thought the truck was on fire at ~200mph, was breathing in smoke, and I was laced into the truck so tight, that it takes 20 seconds to release everything. Hand on the fire bottle controls knowing that I will run out of Halon and foam before the truck stops if I pull them too soon.

You can't buy memories, you have to make them.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Holy shit your kids are in college? I'm 27 but remember coming on here when I was 15 to check out casper. That truck is the reason I bought my white extended cab LBZ back in the day. I showed everyone in highschool casper... ran through proxies so I could browse this place in the library lol.

Glad it went to a good home.

And to Kat, before you think of back surgery look into stem cell therapy and see if its viable for your situation. I know so many people that had back surgery and it stunk.

https://www.totalsportsmedicine.com/the-doctors

Dr. Roddy McGee is the fellow you should talk to. He's in Las Vegas and treats MMA fighters for multiple issues including ruptured discs, bad shoulders, etc. Worth a consult esp if you can avoid surgery IMO. I told myself if I ever have a shoulder or back injury I will try stem cells first. Hell they can use your own blood to do some of the procedures.

Best of luck :)

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Will be good to see Casper on the track again. Would be a great 10.90 truck if NHRDA continues to run that class. Super Street is getting stupid fast. Totally amazing that there are 6000+ lbs trucks with stockish suspension running in the 8's. However the truck can't make the list unless it is quicker than Kat's 10.59 pass, it's a truck list not a driver's list..

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
My buddy Mark got a chance to sit in casper and get a feel for it, he's definitely gonna race him off and on. Getting Casper ready for Truckin for Kids in October at irwindale. Hopefully gonna hit the track in a few weeks once the shop calms down.
9c0c603fa3e92fc52c79d900ac784513.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk