Help: Can anyone run a vin check for me?

Tacojedbob

MAN BEAR PIG
Apr 22, 2007
I remember back in the day someone had full access to running vins...Looking to pick up a truck this week. Just curious if anything pops up on the vin check: 1gt121c89bf160917

Thanks in advance.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I think GM started locking employees out a few years back. Last I heard they can't do it anymore because of that.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

Tacojedbob

MAN BEAR PIG
Apr 22, 2007
Damn, thanks for the heads up. Well it looks and drives straight...all I really care about :thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
We got shut down from running checks from home. We still can run them but have to be on the GM network in the plant. And with my job I don't have the time to run them there. Worked great when I could at home on my time.

Tacojedbob

MAN BEAR PIG
Apr 22, 2007
Car fax came back clean. 3 owners, no accidents. Only thing that caught my eye is the first owner put 30k on it a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking! Yeah that's the same info the seller indicated. Picking it up this week.

Tacojedbob

MAN BEAR PIG
Apr 22, 2007
We got shut down from running checks from home. We still can run them but have to be on the GM network in the plant. And with my job I don't have the time to run them there. Worked great when I could at home on my time.

That's interesting...wonder why they shut at home use?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Because guys were sharing the login. The login I used was used by 9 other people at home to work on our own shit

We do not use the same login page as a dealer tech. We go thru files on the GM network in the plant. They say some of the stuff we were using was private in network only. So now we can only get into power train for details at the plant.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Makes sense. All the dealer techs u knew shared theirs with everyone I didn't feel comfortable doing it just in case but I used mine all the time at home