Cab Lights regrets?

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Is there a way to two sided tape it on instead of having unwanted screw hole in the bed lip or would it be to heavy just don't want unwanted screw holes in the bed lip if I don't like a roll pan and want to be able to reinstall the stock bumper

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I think you guys all need to go back and read my original post...

I didn't ask if you like them, nor do I care if you like them. It's my truck, and I do think they will look good on it. :thumb:

My question is about them sealing or leaking. All experiences positive or negative are welcome. But leave your opinion about what you think looks better in your wallet. ;)

Hey hey hey. Let's leave all that anger in your wallet :) :Hug:

That why I said weatherstrip sealer or gasket maker instead of silicone as most use. It will seal but also isn't as sticky as silicone.

Also depending how neat your hole is, I would seal it a bit to prevent oxidation. Clear coat, rust inhibitor, primer, nail polish. Anything you want just so it's not bare. That would make me uneasy, repeated humidity and condensation can bubble it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Is there a way to two sided tape it on instead of having unwanted screw hole in the bed lip or would it be to heavy just don't want unwanted screw holes in the bed lip if I don't like a roll pan and want to be able to reinstall the stock bumper

Wrong thread maybe?? :hmm:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My recons are a direct oem replacement. But didn't come with a plug that would work for the middle cab light so it doesn't work.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I've helped my buddy put them on both of his F250s and he never had an issue, but we siliconed the piss out of all the housings.

Also, does anyone know where I can get/find replacement lenses for the factory cab lights and if they come in different colors?

Corey

Last edited:

dthela

Jan 11, 2015
rebuilt my stock cab lights with 120smd leds, much brighter and yellow when lit, not amber

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
I've only put on 1 set of cab lights before. It wasn't on my truck. I think they were Recon. It came with a foam gasket. The lenes would always have condensation in them. I'm sure it was also leaking water into cab at times. I removed the foam gasket, replaced with a homemade rubber gasket & they sealed good after that. I also put some sealant on the gasket & on each screw. :thumb: