C3's red alto's for 6spd in a 5spd?

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Hello guys. I have a little question here. I think I remembered somebody mentioning to use the 6spd red alto power packs in a 5spd. But I have been researching the net and I can't seem to find any info about this. Could somebody please give me some info please? Is it possible ? I bought a fully functional Allison from a 2003 lb7 to fit in 2005 LLY.
I know I have to swap over the valve body and bell housing for proper fitting and I think I'm in luck on the bell housing part as the tranny line fittings are the late gen with the same fittings as my LLY tranny.....

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Thanks for the reply. But after reading 13 pages that thread doesn't talk about what I am asking. Let me clarify my question. I am building a 5spd for my LLY. I've noticed the 6spd C3 power pack from alto has the pressure and apply plates included vs the 5spd alto power pack C3's clutch kit which only has the clutches and steels only. Could I use the 6spd kit in my 5spd? Is that better.
I already have the C5's and C4's.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus yo!

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Ya I know. But I'm building it myself. And trying to save some mulas. Ya know. Lol.
I've done a lot of reading and I mean a lot! And very mechanically inclined. But first tranny. And for the power level I'm running, I don't see the reason to go bigger than alto power packs and Mike L's ml converter his springs, full transgo kit and some other little things.
My truck will never see a drag strip nor be beaten on. But I also have my old school gasser which has never let me down as my back up truck. I'm taking all the time it takes to make it right. I have too much patience.

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
I would really like to see what is available then as Iam new to all this Dmax and Allison game. I want call Andrew and Mike but I don't want to annoy them with all my questions as I am a hardcore learner and picky as hell. Lol.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So what you're saying is that you'll blow your motor before you blow a tranny rated at 550HP? You want to run a max effort tune and be done with it?

You said you never beat your truck;) Hmm, :happy2: Only use it to go to church on Sunday's?:rofl:

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Anybody have a link or some info on this? Just trying to decide what to use. Here is a pic of the 5spd kit clutches and steels. And 2nd is a pic of the 6spd kit.

7903a82ab693a8b900ed6c071edfd10b.jpg

0fce2cc7d40787fd27ce857f69675e5b.jpg

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you're dead set on using Alto red eagle clutches, use the 6 speed kit with the piston and pressure plate.

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
So it's doable right? Has it been done? I would really appreciate it if somebody can point out a link or something explaining with details if possible. thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've done it. There's nothing special about it. I'm not sure why they list different kits for 5 and 6 speed. What kind of link with what kind of details are you looking for?

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
A Link maybe explaining why use the 6spd vs the 5spd. Or even a diy tutorial on using the kit in a 5spd, Issues with Clearances compared to using the 5spd clutch kit or anything really that would guide me to using a 6spd power pack kit in the 5spd.
Thanks.

But I think I will eventually call Andrew or Mike L and order some goodies like a torque converter and some of Mike L's little super springs etc...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Buy they kit, install said components, measure clearance, machine backing plate if necessary.

What c2 pack are you running?

FYI, DHD has the trim springs and pressure spring together for $50