Burning Oil

5LTREATR

Oracle
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hey guys so when my truck hit 65000kms it started burning oil about 2 - 4 Quarts per 10000kms oil change the dealership says that it is normal do you guys have any thoughts? there is definatly no leaks and the truck runs great is this something I should worry about?

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
While acceptable within GMs service limit (1L per 1000kms) It is not normal to go from burning no oil to 2+ litres. Keep an eye on it, hve you rerouted the PCV or switched oil brands or anything recently?

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
id stick with One brand and maintain records for a few month and take them back to the dealer to see what they say then. Date, mileage, amount of oil added or if changed.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Mine used a quart to two quarts before it was time to change the oil when it was brand new when ran hard pulling equipment. Did the pcv re-route and it hasn't burned another drop since then. Try doing that first and if it still keeps using oil than I'd say you got a problem.

Last edited:

5LTREATR

Oracle
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
my oil pressure is normal I had the truck p on the hoist and it doesn't have even the smallest leak whatsoever i was thinking that maybe because i don't run my truck very hard that the rings didn't set properly so have some blow by maybe.