Allison 6sp: Built Transmission, now needing some help

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
I've been doing forum search after forum search but haven't really came across my problem. I just had my transmission built back in April (Suncoast kit installed by toops performance), installed a 68mm riot turbo by godspeed turbo innovations and just had Idaho Rob adjust my tuning accordingly. Went on the first real test drive after everything, turned on the road I live on, went to stand on it on my 4th tune and now the truck acts like it's in neutral. It didn't throw any codes, no clunking, anything. No forward or reverse gears and I'm at a loss. Any information would be great! Thank you

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
No codes coming up. Builder said could be as minor as the filter came out to broken input shaft. I don't want to think it was a broken shaft because there wasn't any noise when it started and there isn't any noise when I go from reverse to drive but I've never broken one so I don't know what to expect

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
I just scanned it with my edge monitor so far. I'm going to hook up my v2 tomorrow and see if it reads any different. Dash is showing normal like when you put it in gear. Moves from park, reverse, neutral and drive

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Was the speedometer showing anything when you were rolling down your street?

V2 will show more. Edge doesn't read Trans codes

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I just scanned it with my edge monitor so far. I'm going to hook up my v2 tomorrow and see if it reads any different. Dash is showing normal like when you put it in gear. Moves from park, reverse, neutral and drive

The edge cannot scan. It cannot read TCM codes. If it doesn't grind while engaging park; output shaft is not broken. When you do scan i; watch the turbine speed sensor ( input shaft ) It better be at " 0 " rpm at stand still in gear. Check voltage to the trans with engine running. It better be higher than 12V. oops performance should have given you this info.

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
Was the speedometer showing anything when you were rolling down your street?

V2 will show more. Edge doesn't read Trans codes

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Speedometer was reading around 60 when it happened then came down as I coasted to a stop. Everything from the drivers seat appears to be the way it's supposed to be just no gears. I'll get the read out with the efi as quick as I get home today.

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
The edge cannot scan. It cannot read TCM codes. If it doesn't grind while engaging park; output shaft is not broken. When you do scan i; watch the turbine speed sensor ( input shaft ) It better be at " 0 " rpm at stand still in gear. Check voltage to the trans with engine running. It better be higher than 12V. oops performance should have given you this info.

Checked turbine speed today along with input speed and output speed, turbine never came off 0, input was reading around 680, output was 0. That was in gear. Going to check the voltage now.

Mr. Goodtime

Always Breaking Parts
Sep 15, 2009
Waverly, Oh
Who is the Allison builder by chance over there at Toop's? Last I saw they were more of a dodge type of shop.

Bryan Rittenhouse built it there. He's been helpful from what I've gotten to talk to him, just hoping it was something I can handle here at home before I trailer it for the 2 hour drive back there. Southern Ohio is kinda limited on Allison builds

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Checked turbine speed today along with input speed and output speed, turbine never came off 0, input was reading around 680, output was 0. That was in gear. Going to check the voltage now.

What was turbine speed with the transmission in park or neutral?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Check line pressure. Pull the plug next to the spin on filter, put a good sized pan under the hole where you removed the pressure plug. Start engine in park, and rev it to about 2,000 rpm for a couple of seconds. Fluid should gush out. Shut off engine right away. If you don't get a gusher, your pump is hurt.