Built Engine Won't Start!

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with my no start problem, I just finished installing the engine and trans after both of them have been built. So the codes I have are P0341 Camshaft Pos Sensor Circ Perf (bank1/1 Sensor) and a egr code I can't remember, I have swapped both cam and crank sensors from a running truck that is a lbz also, same codes, tried the ECM out of the running truck and did the vats and vin change, same codes, did a continuity test from the cam sensor plug tho the ECM and checked out good. Now I'm just lost the only other thing I can think if is the wheel that the cam reads off of, sorry for the short novel but any help would be appreciated

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Did you try swapping the plug ends from sensor to sensor . Also when the motor was built did they use the right relutor wheel.

Just saw another thread you had. When you played with these others wires. Any wires that had twist in them you left that in the new area. Also you have all the harness pins seated and grounds back.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?p=756899#post756899

Last edited:

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for the reply's, I have checked the reluctor wheel for play but there is no movement, I ended up not trimming any wires I just rerouted them so they are hidden a little better, I double checked all the pins in the sensors sand the bulk connectors, tried contacting my builder but I believe he is in Vegas for the truck show stuff, I will try swapping the plugs but the cam plug seemed much longer than the crank