PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Revving it up and down like an idiot
Real racers dont rev up and down "abruptly"
it's best to bring the engine up to a speed and and ease off slowly
i see many guys revving thier engines like they own a street bike

doing burnouts at 4k then letting off only to let the engine stop doesnt help

Ok, cool story. Now what does it have to do with breaking cranks. It seems you've just picked something you don't like seeing others do and you're blaming broken crankshafts on it. Now if Banks is against it then at least I'll understand where you're coming from:)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol revving causes crank to break. That's great. I feel driving them is the problem. Lets just all put our trucks in the garage under a car cover. Lots to diesels get the shit revved out of them and don't break cranks.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Lol revving causes crank to break. That's great. I feel driving them is the problem. Lets just all put our trucks in the garage under a car cover. Lots to diesels get the shit revved out of them and don't break cranks.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

Who's needs evidence when you can have feelings:)

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I'm just a messenger
I was told that revving your engine constantly up and down "like an idiot" isn't very smart but go ahead and do what you would like if you have all the money to spend that's cool

My point is that when you have something like a lockbox locking up or the engine stopping from high rpm abruptly; they do not last

Drive your engine how you would like; but I'm sure 1600ft lbs plus isn't good to just go from 4k to 1 very forgiving

It's common sense (it isn't common anymore, lol)

I know racers that bring their engine up to speed and ease off; this saves engines; believe it or not;
It's your wallet not mine

Obviously you guys are not people of faith but need to see
Hahahha

Last edited:

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Seriously Mikey? Lol, I can't say I've seen anyone do that with a Duramax. They aren't really a rev happy engine….happens more with high school kids in gassers. To consider that as one of the main causes is just silly.

Has anyone talked to BurnDown lately to see if he found anything out? I just sent him a pm.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Seriously Mikey? Lol, I can't say I've seen anyone do that with a Duramax. They aren't really a rev happy engine….happens more with high school kids in gassers. To consider that as one of the main causes is just silly.

Has anyone talked to BurnDown lately to see if he found anything out? I just sent him a pm.

I don't think anyone on here drives like grandpa; and really hammers away at their engine; and not at a smooth operation.
Again my point is "abrupt" rpm changes and sudden start to stop; lockboxes; drag racing; burnouts; engine revving; and just ignorance; where do you fall in?
Who are you?

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
Lockbox, drag racing, burn outs and sledpulling. Three years of it. Hard abusive miles. Blown injectors out of the head, killed 2 stock trans and a stage 4 ppe. Twisted a drive shaft in half now I am Currently driving a 538000 km like a banchie 4250 rpm shifts lol no broken cranks. I think it has more to do with just having faulty manufacturing, you either have one or you don't. I've heard that extreme timing can play a factor. Now that I said this I will likely break a crank this year. Knocking on wood!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
All three trucks were lb7. First one I had was destroyed 6 weeks after I sold it. Making about 600 hp new owner wasn't thinking, spun tires on ice to 5 th gear and rev limiter spun truck onto dry road. Broke drive shaft, shattered tcase and transmission while managing to break the rear engine cover off as well. Needless to say it still ran fine, no symptoms of broke crank. It wasn't driven again, he started it the next day to drive home, let it warm up walked out 20 minutes later and there was coolant and transfluid puked out all over the place on the passenger side. It got parted out

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Lockbox, drag racing, burn outs and sledpulling. Three years of it. Hard abusive miles. Blown injectors out of the head, killed 2 stock trans and a stage 4 ppe. Twisted a drive shaft in half now I am Currently driving a 538000 km like a banchie 4250 rpm shifts lol no broken cranks. I think it has more to do with just having faulty manufacturing, you either have one or you don't. I've heard that extreme timing can play a factor. Now that I said this I will likely break a crank this year. Knocking on wood!

Now you have common sense.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm just a messenger
I was told that revving your engine constantly up and down "like an idiot" isn't very smart but go ahead and do what you would like if you have all the money to spend that's cool

My point is that when you have something like a lockbox locking up or the engine stopping from high rpm abruptly; they do not last

Drive your engine how you would like; but I'm sure 1600ft lbs plus isn't good to just go from 4k to 1 very forgiving

I know racers that bring their engine up to speed and ease off; this saves engines; believe it or not;

Hahahha

How about you stop with all the "hearsay" and third-party "rumor" posts pushing someone else's agenda and give some real science or facts to back up the viewpoint you're being fed? Otherwise, give us all a break.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
So Mikey... Are we supposed to drive like old ass ladies in Oldsmobiles with an egg under the gas and brake pedals??

Get real... Theses engines are diesels and they're made to take abuse.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Brian I have your crank sitting in the top of my tool box at work. IIRC it has the witness lines that Jon is curious about... I will post pics tomorrow here and in Jon's crank thread.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I'm just a messenger

Hahahha

:rolleyes: :violin: :eek:hgeez: :suicide:

Flip a quarter it's bad luck on castings. Same crank since 06 and I know I don't treat mine like a puss y. If you can not do all the above (racing,pulling or street play) what's the reason of playing this sick game. It breaks fix the sob and go back to playing.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
A lot if guys have blamed harsh shifts from flares as a reason which would ho back to what Mikey is saying about abrupt change if RPM. In the end it probably us a manufacturing flaw. I can guarantee you one thing , not a single person on here has the answer therefore we do not have a cure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
BHoward66crank1_zps339afac1.jpg

BHoward66crank2_zps3008dce8.jpg