Brakes

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Just got my new rotors, calipers, and pads and just had a couple questions. I know the rotors for the front and rear are different, but does it matter which of the pair goes on the left or right side?

Also, the calipers came with 2 copper washers where the brake lines connect to the caliper, when installing do I need to use both or is one just an extra?

Smaller calipers on the rear and bigger on the front correct?

Are the caliper bracket bolts on the rear smaller than on the front?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
There is no left and right for the rotors unless you have drilled and slotted. 1 copper washer on each side of the banjo fitting (1 copper on bolt, slide it through the fitting, other copper washer on, then thread into caliper. Big calipers on the front and smaller on the rear...it's pretty hard to screw that up.

Firemanstokes

May 27, 2014
Middle of Florida
Just got my new rotors, calipers, and pads and just had a couple questions. I know the rotors for the front and rear are different, but does it matter which of the pair goes on the left or right side?

Also, the calipers came with 2 copper washers where the brake lines connect to the caliper, when installing do I need to use both or is one just an extra?

Smaller calipers on the rear and bigger on the front correct?

Are the caliper bracket bolts on the rear smaller than on the front?

What brand did you go with??

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Powerstop, was kind of in a bind and just picked up the cheapest set. My one rear caliper seized up and ended up destroying the rotor and pads pretty quick.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Will going to aftermarket calipers get rid of the annoying brake rattle when hitting bumps? Nothing worse than driving a nice truck but it sounds like its ready to fall apart. :mad:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ