Brake abs light

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
No codes, why did this start to come on right after I got efilive dsp? Or is that not related?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What size tires are you running? Your avatar pic is difficult to see, but they look pretty big. Anything over about 35" will cause the ABS/brake light come on if you adjust the speedo so it is accurate.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Max tire size you can set it to is 34.25 before ABS and BRAKE lights come on. Once these lights come on the ABS is disabled and it is very unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Ive asked tony, waiting for his response. But with my edge race i had my 35 inch tires on and no issues. These are 355 65 18's or 37 14r 18. But they only measure 35.5 on the truck.

Tires did not throw a code before the ecm was installed so I am not sure what changed.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Tire size is set in your EFI Live tune. If it is set to that value or less then its a speed sensor/circuit issue.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Tire size is set in your EFI Live tune. If it is set to that value or less then its a speed sensor/circuit issue.

Okay, but like I said I had my edge race set above that and no codes were thrown. So to fix I need the tune adjusted correct?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Okay, but like I said I had my edge race set above that and no codes were thrown. So to fix I need the tune adjusted correct?

your edge doesnt tune the ECM, it intercepts and fools signal at the bale connectors and changes them in the box to add power. My edge never changed the speedo, only gave me a speed reading on the monitor but i wouldnt doubt that Edge is able to intercept the ECM signal to the gauge cluster and change it to make your speedo read right. (the way my truck reads and sends info is different in alot of aspecs as compared to yours)

Do you only have an ABS light or do you have an ABS light AND an e-brake light? you wont be able to see ABS codes with just any scanner, you need something that can dig deeper into the system like EFI Live or a Tech2. some other high dollar scanners can read them too.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I'm confused.... So anything above 35" tires will trigger the abs light??? If so, then why isn't my abs light on? I have efi live and my tires are badass

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
your edge doesnt tune the ECM, it intercepts and fools signal at the bale connectors and changes them in the box to add power. My edge never changed the speedo, only gave me a speed reading on the monitor but i wouldnt doubt that Edge is able to intercept the ECM signal to the gauge cluster and change it to make your speedo read right. (the way my truck reads and sends info is different in alot of aspecs as compared to yours)

Do you only have an ABS light or do you have an ABS light AND an e-brake light? you wont be able to see ABS codes with just any scanner, you need something that can dig deeper into the system like EFI Live or a Tech2. some other high dollar scanners can read them too.

No my edge race evo did tune the ecm and my speedo.