Bought a LML work truck, need advice on injectors,Cp4,exh...etc

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Ok I got a2011 dmax for a work truck it has 196k miles on it so I was wanting to replace injectors, CP4, and do a def/dpf delete..

Here are my questions:
Best place to order injectors from?
Best place to order cp4 from and do I stick w/ a cp4?
Going to pay to have injectors put in but before I google is the cp4 DIY doable?

And is this all I should do for now or are there other pressing issues besides check out the tranny rear end type stuff..

Truck was bought off a car lot so idk what or if the previous owner did anything already there were no service records reported other than the usual fluids warranty stuff and such

Who should I order an autocal from? I'm looking for no hp gains when it comes to the tuner.....

Thanks and I'll post some pics up asap..

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Peace of mind I tow every single day, my employer is going to pay for it and I could hear a faint knock when I feather the gas pedal

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Ya I wanna do the cp3 conversion but it says it isn't legal for Cali? What the hell... Umm also i wanna replace the cp4 simply because I don't want it to grenade..

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Or do I leave the high mileage cp4 and put a lift pump in?

Basically I have about a 3k budget for parts soo trying to make this fuel system the most reliable I can for that price the exhaust will just be a bonus if I can squeeze it in

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
No I know, I'm not worried about the legal Im good on smog for two years I just thought it was weird a cp3 conversion isn't cali legal but then again what is legal in CA ha

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The job is pretty complex. I would at least want to have a buddy on hand that has done it before.

I have a brand new lml cp4 and 4 brand new injectors I would sell.
700 for the pump
200 each for the injectors

I would need cores back.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Where did you purchase pump and injectors from? I think I am interested just for the fact that I'm not doing any HP gains and I am so back and forth on if the cp3 conversion is worth it for me...

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Sorry got a little ahead before reading no hp gains. I wouldn't worry too much on injectors if they are within spec. Also a lift pump can only help so that should definitely be considered a must.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Don't waste your money on a lift pump unless your going to add allot of power. I strongly suggest the CP3 conversion if you can swing it. When the CP4 goes it takes allot of good parts with it.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Thanks for your inputs guys... I hate hearing the horror stories of the cp4 I think my hardest part about the conversion is having to switch it out every two years for smog here in ca because of the egr delete??

You make a good point on if the injectors are in specs...

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What are the balance rates? Leave the injectors be, they're easy to swap. But if you don't feel comfortable doing them I don't think you'll want to swap the cp4.

Convert to a cp3, leave the injectors, delete all the emissions nonsense, and get an autocal from pretty much anyone if you aren't going for hp.

Keep an eye out in the fs listings.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk