LML Boosted launch

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Y'all got me scared now :eek:

Think im just gonna wait till I get new centerlink and tie rods.... :D

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
i lauched my pig hard with out braces or sleeves.... and you know what? nothing happened, launched smooth and i ran my low thirteens a bunch of times like that. all i did was drop the front end down. the lmls should have beefier parts so id worry even less.....

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Im thinking it shouldn't be too bad, I still have stock tires and my angles are damn near flat already. I may try again Wednesday night if I dont have to work.

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
Don't be scared. I've made over 150 boost launches on this all stock suspension setup no sleeves no braces no clamps no straps. Bars dropped tire psi adjusted. Just increase your rpms a little at a time and also note boost and egts. Also control the rate your right foot goes to the floor when the light goes green.

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Don't be scared. I've made over 150 boost launches on this all stock suspension setup no sleeves no braces no clamps no straps. Bars dropped tire psi adjusted. Just increase your rpms a little at a time and also note boost and egts. Also control the rate your right foot goes to the floor when the light goes green.

That is as hard as trying not to drink a beer!!!!!:roflmao:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Im thinking it shouldn't be too bad, I still have stock tires and my angles are damn near flat already. I may try again Wednesday night if I dont have to work.

But are the t-bars all the way down? If not, you will get too much lift on the front and cause the tow problem

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've done a bunch of 10 to 12 psi 4 wheel drive boosted launches on totally stock front end trucks. Both mine and my dad's truck. All I did was remove the torsion bar bolts and let it go. On both trucks, the tie rods actually angled up from the center link to the steering knuckle. I think that is pretty important for it to work. It will level out when the front end rises and keep from pushing up on the center link causing severe toe-in. I never had a problem at all.

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
You people that have no idea what the front ends of the lmls look like should keep quite!!! The centerlink has been greatly redesigned.. drop the bars and go... Ive lauched 15 psi and sled pulled with 33/12.50s with no problems

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You people that have no idea what the front ends of the lmls look like should keep quite!!! The centerlink has been greatly redesigned.. drop the bars and go... Ive lauched 15 psi and sled pulled with 33/12.50s with no problems

If it was greatly redesigned they would have ditch the POS 90* kinks that cause centerlink twist. All GM did was make everything bigger, down the road your still gunna have idler/pitman arm wear issues.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

I have seen the front end on a LML and I still wouldnt launch in 4wd. Consider yourself lucky ;) Put some nice offset rims on it and it willl only get worse.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
Can you still get Tony's brace on the lml's? From what I understand that's a better option than a new link that limits turning ability.

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Wel the rain finally let off and I was able to make it to the track. I definitly need to build front end to boost harder. Best 60' was 1.881 @ 15lbs. the front end didn't like it too much though. I had to quit before i broke something. I was sure hoping for the 13.90... maybe next time!!:)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_13444737966199493.jpg
    FB_IMG_13444737966199493.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 31