boost sensor

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
What type of boost sensor do we have in the Duramax? Delphi? Are they all the same from LB7 on up?
Anyone have a part number?
Does it look like:
product_thumb.php

Attachments

• boost1.jpg
    boost1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 39
  • boost2.jpg
    boost2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 27

Blackbird1877

Feb 16, 2007
If this part was not working correctly would it cause boost numbers to be lower then they should be? I am only seeing 20 psi on my boost gauge. boost gauge is plumbed post intercooler

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
If it were open, you'd have really high boost, if shorted, you'd have close to zero. If you have Efi, or some way of logging or viewing your pid's, check your boost reading from your mechanical gauge with that of the log or electronic data.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I have logged runs with my hottest tune that only show ~30 psi of actual boost pressure but my DiPricol gauge was reading ~40 psi. Is there a limit to what the stock one can read? I had my desired boost set to about 34psi max but was sustaining 40. I had to tune it through the desired vane position to get it down to safer levels for my stock turbo. I need to log a run again and see if my stock sensor and computer still show a max of 30 while I'm getting 34. And log another run on a lower tune that stays under 30 to see if the sensor and my gauge get the same max then.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
For Barometcir pressure (GM.BARO2) you are going to see 30psi+ 14.5psi normal barometric pressure - I am talking about the Actual Boost Pressure PID (CALC.ACTBOOST) which should match your boost gauge fairly accurately.

So since your computer can't tell when you have over 30 psi if you ask for anything above that in desired boost tables it will keep closing your vanes (up to the limit set in the vane tables) trying to achieve more boost? So I was doing it right by tuning for 32-34psi through the vane position tables so that I'm not overspooling my stock turbo? Logging and watching the gauge I noticed it was building to 30 within a second of flooring it and then rise to 40 a little slower and stay there as long as the RPMs are up, but on the laptop it would just flat line at 30psi. Now that I limited the vane positions lower it only gets up to ~34psi which is where the desired boost tables are at and were at when I was getting 40+. I haven't logged since I limited it.

RicknerLBZ

Dec 16, 2013
My buddy's 05 lly shows 14psi boost at idle turbo vanes change constantly and pedal is very touchy truck smokes as if it were chipped but it is not. My thought is truck is fueling for the boost even tho its not really that high I'm thinking boost sensor is bad it climbs in a drive but stays at 14 at idle any thoughts?