Body roll fixes?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I hate the my truck handles... It's always bouncing up and down, wanders around on turn's. I figured when i got my new wheel's the offset would help me out when taking turn's it did but not alot.

What can i do to fix this... I'm hoping to get this thing to handle like my brother's dodge that thing will take a 35mph turn at 75.
Aftermarket sway bar? Who has stiff shock's? I'd really like to get a shock that won't let the suspension drop very far and keep it tight on the ground. Just looking for opinion's

DURAMAXNV

Jul 31, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Aftermarket sway bars should help a bit. I have the Bilstein 5100's and they didn't help much for handling around turns or the bouncing up and down like your talking about.

Last edited:

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
A set of shocks won't help much for what your looking for i don't think.

Put a custom set of front sway bar end links in and really crank them down. I think I've seen rear sway bars as well, maybe get one of those?

Let your torsion bars all the way down? Might handle better but the front would be softer then.

My truck is lifted 6" on 35's and I think it handles pretty good. I drive it like a porche about 85% of the time. I actually snapped sway bar end links taking corners before. I'm not sure what you expect from an 8000lb truck? I think they do alright.

A different set of tires will go a long way too. Z-rated tired can really handle corners. Sometimes alot of the perceived body roll feeling is just the sidewall of the tire rolling over.

On Edit: The front end bouncing is super annoying. Dual shock kit for the front fixed that on mine. I got 6 shocks up in the front of this piece now.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Need a stiffer shock , make shure the aligment is good , and as stated aftermarket sway bars will help . I run the hellwig solid core bars front and rear on my truck and she hanldles quite nice :D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm not sure what you expect from an 8000lb truck?

I expect it to handle like a 8000# sport's car
The dodge's can do it, why can't us GM guy's get a break?!

I did however just look at my rearend and noticed I do not have a rear sway bar... Did only the camper special trim have a rear swaybar?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I have Frederico sway bars front and rear on my truck and I love them. :cool:

I have snapped the rear links twice though so im in the process of designing/building new really strong links.