Bluetooth for 08 LMM nav

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
Is it possible to install Bluetooth to the factory nav unit and controls? I really like the funtion in the 09 and new vehicles. Being sales and on the road all the time sure would help.. Prefer to keep as factory as possible.

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
Im not sure about the navigation stuff since I have the basic radio in my truck but I switched my onstar box with one out of a 2010(comes with factory Bluetooth). Since the Bluetooth is in the onstar I now have it in my 08. All the controls all the steering wheel work. Also the number calling me will pop up below the tach on the info thing while muting my radio and turning down my a/c. It works exactly as it does in an 09 or newer. I've read you can switch the onstar boxes with other full size chevy vehicles but mine came from the same type truck so I'm not sure about that.

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
Have done some more research... Apparently you have to change the VCIM to either a p/n 20783877 or 25984444 and install an antenna p/n 15938939. I am searching for parts now will post update if it works!

heymccall

Aug 24, 2009
I put in the 20783877 on an '07.5 that I bought from GM using a VIN from a non-nav truck and it doesn't work. The dealer isn't smart enough to flash it correctly, yet. The install was super simple.

I believe the VCIM needs to be flashed to a Nav headunit setting, which, unfortunately, I didn't realize when I ordered it.

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
How do you get the onstar box out of a 09?

On a LT truck with the bench seat the box is behind the kick panel that the ashtray is located on(if that makes sense). The panel that is below the radio and air conditioner. You have to take a few other panels off but the onstar box is attached to the back of that one.