LB7: Blew a boot today ! Scared the shit out of me !

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
I blew a boot off today showing my girl what my new tune can due. pulled into a gas station and the duch bag would not let me use a socket and he would not put it back on. There were no other stations near and not part stores around had to drive 10 miles to my house with the boot off. I just went and bought a 11 mm socket and a wrchet for the back seat of the truck. Now I guess I have to pull the tube off and weld a fater bead on the end of the tube. Why does it have to blow the lower hose off not the upper hose.

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
I live in the San Francisco bay area. I do not usualy need tools. I just drove over the hill to Half Moon Bay were all the douche bags live and they would not help me out. I am now going to carry a couple of tools in the truch with me.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Mine did that right after the motor build---well after I fixed the damn thing sucking the intake boot shut---it was the top one and blew the sob right into the pos. terminal of the battery. I just wrenched it down as tight as I could get it and it hasnt happened since.

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Does scare the hell out of you . Been there a few times . Sounds like you blew a tire under the hood .

Also was the cause of me breaking a input shaft in the trans . I was doing brodies in a dirt lot , blew the top boot BOOM and BAM the trans broke at the same moment . Plus it took out the P2 planetary , and the C2 clutch hub . That was a costly blow out under the hood .

One of those , I hope that never happens again . :please:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
For me it was instant tow truck , well more like Big Rig tow with a Landall trailer .

Dealing with AAA on the tow was a real pain too . Found out my truck isnt a truck or a RV . 20 mile tow was a 6 hour arguement with AAA on the subject . Broke at 9pm and got home at 3AM . Now I keep camping gear in the truck , tent , sleeping bag , and a bbq . Always a way to get around the fine print in coverage . Im going camping , and now I can camp out and cook some grub it they dog me again . :rofl:

Had a new turbo boot in the truck , but it was a little late for that .

Johnny