Sep 28, 2014
CT
Did the air filter come from factory?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Depending on what tune you run on the Edge, that might be the cause of your smoke.
Before I got EFILive, I had an Edge, and anything but level 1 would smoke more than I liked.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What I meant is it still the same one from when it was made?

The edge can do it. Sorry can't see sigs on my phone so I didn't know what you were running. Quite annoying.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
I will check those items. I have the edge on 1. It seems to smoke alot under acceleration. Which I would understand except that I am not running a high hp tune. I suspect tat I have other issues at work here but do not know where to start so the intercooler and boost tubes are a great start Thanks

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Keep us updated the edge would also be my first guess when was the last time you replaced the engine air intake filter and fuel filter also is the exhaust a straight pipe system if so and you were running the edge prior the cat would clean most of it up but if it's straight now you'll notice a little more smoke due to the fact the cat isn't there to clean up anymore

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Ok I believe that I am going to have to replace the tube on the drivers side while I can not detect any leakc there is an decent amount of corrosion. As a side note as you would expect most smoke is during hard acceleration I do however get a bit more smoke than I like when its under load I typically dont run more than a 2 on that edge. just to clarify new 4" exhaust no cat and a flo pro muffler I am very happy with. The wife didnt notice the new exhaust hehehe. But I did both in tone and driveability