Question: Billings, montana

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
I live there for a couple months in 02' worked in a small town close by there on a construction job. not a bad place cold in the winter what are you looking to find out?
Juat getting some opinions on the area see what others like me thought.

Years ago, I lived in western Montana, 70mi south of Missoula. It was a small town called Darby, had about 180 residents, so, quite different than billings. Missoula was where the fun was, but there was another "bigger" small town nearby that was good for a beer a and burger and some pool. IMHO, Western Montana has better scenery and bigger mountains, being in the Rocky Mountain range, as others have said, it's hot in the summer, bitter cold in the winter, truly a four seasons type of climate. I liked it there, but I was a framer at the time, and there was not alot of work to be had, I wound up learning how to build log homes, peeled the logs by hand too, I really enjoyed that too, but again, there wasn't a whole lot of work. If a guy had a stable job, or a relocation due to a job, and knew they would be able to make a solid income, year round, it's an amazing place to be. Truly amazing. Eastern Montana is more rolling hills and prairie, but still really beautiful, I suggest you get on a plane and check it out for a weekend before you make your final decision....or if you are already committed, take the trip just to get an idea of what you're in for:D

I'm headed there for a weekend in the beginning of October. I have an interview for a very stable job.

Billings is a pretty cool town, a lot of people have a lot of good to say about G&J diesel out there. I wouldn't mine moving there once i get my life sorted back out again. You are really close to anything and everything you would need in the area. State tax is rather high though.

What's the tax there? And I've never heard of g&j diesel. Are they an engine shop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
I worked at the cenex refinery for awhile. It was a cool place. Especially going up on the "rims" as they call it and looking down on the town. I think it's legal to drive quads on the street too which is cool. If u go to the Texas Roadhouse see if a girl named mandi is still working there, fiery little red head!

How was the refinery work. Thats where I'm headed. Exxon mobil. Do you know mandi personally lol

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
How was the refinery work. Thats where I'm headed. Exxon mobil. Do you know mandi personally lol

Haha good possibility I do! I liked cenex, really laid back in there. There's even a "massage parlor" up there. Me love u long time kinda place. Lol