Billet rear hubs, rotating mass, suspension geometry, weight reduction

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yes it makes a difference. It means you don’t need as much valving to dampen the axle and the shock is more used to keep power on the ground.

This means you gain more control of the rear axle.

Now in his case where we don’t gain much for anti squat due to the current suspension setup, I wouldnt expect to see much gain suspension setup wise other than just an overall reduction in weight.

Now if you dropped a 200lbs lighter axle into a drag truck and didn’t change shock valving, the truck would not react the same and may or may not hook.

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Guess at this point I'll do what I can to keep it street/work friendly while changing some geometry along the way. Then again i get impulsive so we'll see what this winter brings lol. RDL up pipes and manifolds may be a go too. Intercooler..haven't really heard of anything promising so not sure if that cabbage is worth it

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Guess at this point I'll do what I can to keep it street/work friendly while changing some geometry along the way. Then again i get impulsive so we'll see what this winter brings lol. RDL up pipes and manifolds may be a go too. Intercooler..haven't really heard of anything promising so not sure if that cabbage is worth it
I love and recommend Rick's products to anyone. I have put his castflow manifold/up-pipe setup through hell since 2017 and that's what is on my LB7 now. They were harvested off of my LLY that saw multiple 2000f-2200f sled pulls/drag strip passes.

As for an intercooler, I try and push 01-10 guys to BD/Northern Radiator or Banks. Their cores are the most efficient I have found.

Reactions: LSxBakakos

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
I love and recommend Rick's products to anyone. I have put his castflow manifold/up-pipe setup through hell since 2017 and that's what is on my LB7 now. They were harvested off of my LLY that saw multiple 2000f-2200f sled pulls/drag strip passes.

As for an intercooler, I try and push 01-10 guys to BD/Northern Radiator or Banks. Their cores are the most efficient I have found.
I appreciate the input good sir. Also nice to hear more positive stuff about Rick's work. For years I've been in the buy once cry once mentality, I'd much rather pay more for something that's top quality. As far as intercooler recommendations I'm glad you listed those.