Big single or twins??

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
i suppose here is another question. Being that i am running an automatic, will i still be able to light a large turbo??

Is there a borg w. Turbo that would work instead of a gt4202?? Nothing against the 4202 just looking at my options. I like the bws for their versitility and how you can build them however you want.

s480

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
So what is this motor going in then if it won't be driving on the street anymore? I guess what I am asking is, are you going to keep the dmax as your DD and use another dmax with a built motor for pulling?

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
no my daily driver Dmax will be getting this motor.

I drive a 95 monte carlo when the dmax is in the shop, or waiting for the next pull.

I could care less about driving it every day.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Alright man, just wondering if you were putting your DD on the line is all. I did that this past summer, and trying to find a ride at 2am on a work night many miles from home sucks. :)

Look into the s480. I would call forced inductions and ask for jose, he is a good guy and will shoot you straight

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
no i would never do that. I only competed in brush pulls this past summer and still hauled it to all of those, even the one that was 10 miles away.

we have a local guy who does custom turbos, mostly for tractor pulling and such. For sponsorship reasons I usually go to him. He is building me an S400 series right now, if all I would need to do is upgrade it with different wheels and such that would be great.

also wheres the best place to get an air knife. I like the butterfly type myself personally. I know they are more, but when it comes to safety i dont like to skimp because of cost.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Given the choice between the GT4202, GT42mag, or S400/3.0, the GT42mag is going to whup them. I didn't get a chance to the run the S400/3.2, but it's sitting there collecting dust.

The GT42mag didn't make more boost than the GT4202, but it made more power across the powerband and didn't fade much out at 4400rpm. It's even surprisingly streetable. Yes, you can spool it hard when tuned right, but thin air is going to be a bitch.

I'm pretty sure you could get 850rwhp out of it with a little tweaking. I got 798rwhp uncorrected, but there were two shop rags stuff in the intercooler inlet.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
sounds like the gt 42 mag is the way to go then huh. if i can really keep the power up at high rpms that would be great for pulling.

850hp, mnost of the guys are at or under that right now.,

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
some of the guys running a big single have a hard time keeping them lit all the way through the track, they snuff them out at the end easy your not going to run very high rpm's at most the tracks. If you hit 4th gear you will be under 4000

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Yeah, it was pretty much like asphault, tirespin yielded burning rubber, not dirt. Loose just like a dragstrip is. Wheelspeed was 31mph.

Dry and hard can be just as bad for traction as wet and muddy. Were you hanging weights?