Beware of gm remans

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I agree that they may or may not be good..... but Im not being a real world beta tester... not on my dime. By the time I need a next set.... and those have been in use for longer than a couple yrs maybe Ill buy...but until then Ill go with the odds. The bosch ones last as long as the originals if the job is done correctly. By correctly I mean meticulous. New hard lines.... rubber hoses... tank flush....Supply Line flush and a minimum 2 micron filter system And water trap when done...... no CAT filter only like some guys. Dirt/rust particulate and water are the cause of the majorority of the failures IMO

I think you are seriously over thinking this. For your own truck fine, but for the rest of us doing multiple trucks per year it's impractical. If a part isn't needed it doesn't get replaced. The only injectors I've had to redo since 09 were Pensacolas.

So what if other companies don't get Bosch parts, they can source the same or better parts elsewhere. Bosch isn't the gold standard, they need to make money too.

The proof is in the pudding, nobody thus far in this thread has noticed failures in the past few years so things must be doing okay.

I wouldn't blame the GM parts guys at the dealer, they likely don't know any better. Always were Bosch remains so they just figure they are.

For the epic difference I'm not changing any time soon unless somebody wants to pay for them.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

nwodiesel

Mar 29, 2014
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
I think you are seriously over thinking this. For your own truck fine, but for the rest of us doing multiple trucks per year it's impractical. If a part isn't needed it doesn't get replaced. The only injectors I've had to redo since 09 were Pensacolas.

So what if other companies don't get Bosch parts, they can source the same or better parts elsewhere. Bosch isn't the gold standard, they need to make money too.

The proof is in the pudding, nobody thus far in this thread has noticed failures in the past few years so things must be doing okay.

I wouldn't blame the GM parts guys at the dealer, they likely don't know any better. Always were Bosch remains so they just figure they are.

For the epic difference I'm not changing any time soon unless somebody wants to pay for them.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Well for me..... its gonna cost 30$ each more for genuine bosch that have a complete new body..... and internals. sounds more new than reman. The Bosch dealer felt sorry for me Im assuming because they are less than he quoted me originally....so Im happy and get a set in the morning. Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it. Just wanted people to know....so they can make a clear descision one way or the other.

Again Thank You

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I agree that too big of a deal is being made of it. I admire his passion for having the right to be informed and have the best choices availible to him and where to find the parts of his choice.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I agree that they may or may not be good..... but Im not being a real world beta tester... not on my dime. By the time I need a next set.... and those have been in use for longer than a couple yrs maybe Ill buy...but until then Ill go with the odds. The bosch ones last as long as the originals if the job is done correctly. By correctly I mean meticulous. New hard lines.... rubber hoses... tank flush....Supply Line flush and a minimum 2 micron filter system And water trap when done...... no CAT filter only like some guys. Dirt/rust particulate and water are the cause of the majorority of the failures IMO

You're still making a ton of assumptions without any facts. Why would you be a beta tester? I guess we're all beta testers everytime we buy something. You keep making Bosch out to be the only company that's capable of building injectors.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Why is Bosch being made out to be the only and best injector manufacturer????? Ive had more than my fair share of injector failures all Bosch units... I welcome someone else making the injector maybe they wont suck ass out of the box. Bosch cant make them durable maybe someone else can.

The rust in the rails and water is BS IMO. I had both rails replaced last 2 times no rust in either...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Merchant Auto confirmed over the phone they are genuine Bosch

That box and packaging looks like every LB7 injector I've ever got from GM, and I can see the GM part number on one of the boxes in the background.

nwodiesel

Mar 29, 2014
Then what injectors are these?

https://www.injectorsdirect.com/product/lb7-oem-fuel-injectors/

They are marketed as "New Bosch OEM."

I seen those but after speaking with bosch yesyerday I was told they haven't sold new units for yrs. GM forced them to stop. So now their remans have new bodies and internals. Not sure how that makes them remans but he also said that anyone claiming to have BN OEM's may have had them for some time....and they wont be as "updated". Who knows. Im starting to question everything. For now Im going with the Bosch. My truck has 230,000 kms on the originals .Id be happy if the next set made it half that without issues.Fingers crossed

nwodiesel

Mar 29, 2014
Why is Bosch being made out to be the only and best injector manufacturer????? Ive had more than my fair share of injector failures all Bosch units... I welcome someone else making the injector maybe they wont suck ass out of the box. Bosch cant make them durable maybe someone else can.

The rust in the rails and water is BS IMO. I had both rails replaced last 2 times no rust in either...

Maybe in your area rust isn't an issue but they literally pour liquid calcium on our TransCanada Highway in Northern Ontario. Everything rusts.....and fast. Last generation of GM's... maybe 07 or 08's with holes in the boxsides....rotton plumbing...seized calipers aluminum rims that are so corroded they wont hold air.. etc etc etc. When I removed my hard lines every injector got filled to the top ot the fitting with rust. I assure you its in issue here

nwodiesel

Mar 29, 2014
I agree that too big of a deal is being made of it. I admire his passion for having the right to be informed and have the best choices availible to him and where to find the parts of his choice.

Thanks...it was the fact they lied. Honesty isn't as common as it used to be. Ive made it a point to severe all ties with business' that lie, or cheat me. Problem is.... Im running outta places to shop.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Thanks...it was the fact they lied. Honesty isn't as common as it used to be. Ive made it a point to severe all ties with business' that lie, or cheat me. Problem is.... Im running outta places to shop.

Haha, you better start to manufacturer everything you plan on using for the rest of your life.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That isn't what I got. Id have been happy to see those. Mine didn't look like that. I didn't take any pics so....

I don't know what you got. The last ones I put in were last month, and they looked exactly like those.

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I seen those but after speaking with bosch yesyerday I was told they haven't sold new units for yrs. GM forced them to stop. So now their remans have new bodies and internals. Not sure how that makes them remans but he also said that anyone claiming to have BN OEM's may have had them for some time....and they wont be as "updated". Who knows. Im starting to question everything. For now Im going with the Bosch. My truck has 230,000 kms on the originals .Id be happy if the next set made it half that without issues.Fingers crossed

Sounds to me like he was giving you the "hard sell". A good salesman will get you to buy HIS item by running his mouth & dogging on the competitors product. Not a sales tactic that I appreciate. Those guys are generally full of shit.

DmaxRvRrat

Mar 19, 2014
When I removed my hard lines every injector got filled to the top ot the fitting with rust. I assure you its in issue here

Just to clarify, the rust you see when you remove the hard lines is not from the inside of the line but the outside. Did you see rust inside of the line or just assume it came from there?

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Do you guys really think GM would jump ship from Bosch if they didn't have good reason? Do you really think they would pick up a different manufacturer without standards & testing first?