Question: Best way to do LB7 studs/gaskets in truck

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I will more than likely be coming to visit you Scott in July :hug:

Seems like a better idea to come up there and have another dmax guy in case we run into a snag.

On another note, i am going to replace the valve cover (lower and upper) bolts to something other than allen heads, they sure do like the strip out. What is everyone using?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I know what you mean by the bolts striping out i was going to buy all new gm but then i just have new bolts that are going to strip out soooooo im looking for a good alternitive myself.Maybe some nice stainless

Glad your still coming in july looking forward to it :thumb:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Got everything swapped out at Scotts house....The lift sure did make it easier.

Had alot of fun and got it done pretty quick.

Didn't end up lifting the cab...Drivers side, had to put on stud in the head when we dropped it down so we wouldn't have clearance issues.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
And you won the raffle at the july 4th party at my buddies house and took home a $170 on the 50/50 raffle and we both got loaded :alc: :roflmao:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
haha I think I got a bit more loaded than you....and my ribs finally kicked in where I slipped while lifting the pass head off and smacked the ribs on the front clip...

Had to take the last 2 days off work, couldnt get out of bed without help.

but the wife has "borrowed" half my winners already lol.

Still was a good time:hug::hug::thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
haha I think I got a bit more loaded than you....and my ribs finally kicked in where I slipped while lifting the pass head off and smacked the ribs on the front clip...

Had to take the last 2 days off work, couldnt get out of bed without help.

but the wife has "borrowed" half my winners already lol.

Still was a good time:hug::hug::thumb:

You must have been hurtin bad here cuz you couldnt get out of bed here either :rofl: :roflmao: J/k diesel brother :hug: