Best Shock for Lowered Truck

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you have a part number on those ranchos? Or just the stock replacements for a 2 inch dropspindled up fron truck. Im going to run the qa1s out back.

What spindles are you using? Doesn't the spindle just relocate the center line of the spindle and leave the rest of the geometry the same?

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
People always say ranchos but nobody has a part number.

I know stock length will not work so who has part numbers for lowered.

Torsions dropped and hangers/shackles in back

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
What is everyone's opinion on something like this. Lowered T-bars, 3 inch drop shackle. With Rancho adjustable up front with Blistens in the rear. For a truck that does no towing, minimal street driving.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Depends on how hard and often you bottom the shock. I do not want to lose suspension travel in the front and will more than likely install McGaughys 2" drop spindles up front, just be careful of their warning you need a 17" wheel minimum for them and they do not change any of the OEM geometry other than the centerline of the spindle based on a conversation with them awhile back. I think you can use the stock length shocks with no bottoming issues.

The back 3" shackle's, shocks well, uh, not sure what I'm gonna do about bottoming yet. Have some brackets fabbed for the shocks, may take some doing and/or adding air bags?

posenheimer

Mar 7, 2013
I really appreciate the advice man, im having a set of traction bars fabbed up as we speak. :)
or type should I say, lol

posenheimer

Mar 7, 2013
You think that there would be any added benefit for a TD901 in the rear for the double adjustable instead of single??