Best recommended tranny tuner

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
To each their own, that's the beauty of efilive. Find what works and roll with it! For us, trans tuning we do shift rpm for WOT, part throttle stuff for drive ability.

huro0302

Jan 28, 2012
That makes sense. I think I will just try and get my ECM tuned first and see how things pan out while I get the bugs worked out and some seat time as well as a feel for the truck and then do the TCM tuning later and see if i notice any kind of change. I am still somewhat inclined to think it may make a slight difference yet, but I have been wrong before. LOL

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Every trans that I tune has modded torque tables along with numerous other changes and have yet to have a problem or complaint. My personal trans has been apart several times and has checked out extremely well. Zero clutch issues or failures. With that being said I do believe that the trans should be tuned to accompany the ECM tuning. There is a noticeable difference between a stock and tuned TCM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Chevy,

How big is the tune that you tow on? I would assume it is a somewhat milder one as from all the research I have been doing has told me to avoid shifting at low rpm where the major torque curve is, thus the TCM tuning?! My theory is this may even help the built motors last longer, at least the ones breaking the cranks and suffering from crank walk, main movement, etc. I plan to turn the truck down as much as possible the majority of the time when not competing, or racing buddies, etc. I am thinking with the setup all the way turned down it will probably be around ~600-700 rwhp hopefully which will be perfectly ideal for the street anyways and should outrun 99% of the trucks in my area at that level anyway.

Tow tune is between 550-600hp but then again, i rarely need WOT. This is my day to day tune and its rreally all i need. Thats jist me though as i know others like more power

huro0302

Jan 28, 2012
Well, looks like I will just need to spend some seat time in trucks tuned by a few different guys and narrow the list from there then spend some time on the phone with the preferred tuners. The closer the proximity of the tuner to me the better as I will probably have the tuner ride in the truck. Just can't get the same quality with email tunes as the tuner riding in the truck getting real time feedback. Any suggestions on high quality tuners close to or in Minnesota is highly appreciated. Thanks