Best recommended Lift Kit for a 2006 GMC Dirtymax?

DieselUofA

Feb 11, 2015
I know there's been many discussions about the best lift kits you can get but I'm tired of searching through numerous old post about lifts.

I have a 2006 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax, Black, Crewcab, SLT, 4X4 and I'm wanting to lift it finally. I've had it since 2007. Money isn't necessarily an issue but best bang for the buck is nice too. I've heard good things about Cognito and Fabtech. Heard bad things about Procomp. Looking to jack her 6-8 inches. Help a fellow Coal Roller out Gentlemen.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What's the plans with the truck, street pounder? Will it see track time? Sled pulling?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I've sold, installed and used pretty much all of them. Best quality would be Cognito no doubt, but you do pay the price. I ran TC (one piece sub frame) for years on my truck racing and pulling. It always worked great, it was tweeked pretty good when I removed it and laid it on the floor. I personally like the NTBD look, and it's not much $$ to upgrade. Just got a 10" NTBD Cognito in on Friday for a 2015 in two weeks, makes me want to get a 2016 lol..

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Am I the only one who noticed dirtymax and coal roller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselUofA

Feb 11, 2015
I've sold, installed and used pretty much all of them. Best quality would be Cognito no doubt, but you do pay the price. I ran TC (one piece sub frame) for years on my truck racing and pulling. It always worked great, it was tweeked pretty good when I removed it and laid it on the floor. I personally like the NTBD look, and it's not much $$ to upgrade. Just got a 10" NTBD Cognito in on Friday for a 2015 in two weeks, makes me want to get a 2016 lol..
Looks like Cognito is the way to go! I'd really like to see a pic of the 10" Cog lift afterwards.

Would you say Tuff Country is the best Bang for the Buck then?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm not a fan of the way the Cognito NTBD attaches to the LCA. Its a lot better design then it was years ago on the 4" kit, but 7" is still the same IIRC. Those 2 3/8s bolts where meant for a shock to mount to not the whole suspension. Guys have had issues with the shocks mounted there and I believe there where with the NTBD kits too.

Realift makes a torsion bar relocator kit although there may have been some issues with them too.

DieselUofA

Feb 11, 2015
Awesome, any other recommendations on what Lift Kit to use!?

- Valar Morghulis -
- ROLL T1D5 -