LMM: Best lift?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Cognito has the best quality IMOP , but my $$ would be spent on the Tuff Country , its a very good lift for the $$ and will do the job just fine at a lower cost .

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Cognito hands down then a RCD if you cant afford the cog

No experiance with TC but a few members have them and seem to like them
If you where to ask Nick at Norcal i bet he would recomend a Cognito

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
attachment.php

Lift kits are sexy:D Stock NOT so much

attachment.php

Attachments

• after4.jpg
    after4.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 346
  • before 1.JPG
    before 1.JPG
    575.9 KB · Views: 343

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Another vote for the Tough country . Great kit, strong, and not as pricey as the others. Lots of guys sled pulling with it no prob.

Good luck.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Another vote for the Tough country . Great kit, strong, and not as pricey as the others. Lots of guys sled pulling with it no prob.

Good luck.

I went with Cognito but I'd probably go with TC next time because of price. Burkhards puts a lot of TC lifts on alot of 8-1000hp trucks and they seem to hold up very well.

9W3-HD

Just another Duramax dude
May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
I like the way my truck looks with the Fabtech lift but I don't think I would buy another one, mainly from the stories I've heard about steering nightmares down the road. It seems like a sturdy lift though, rides a little rough but I chalk that up to the double shocks.

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 46
  • red truck 739.jpg
    red truck 739.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 36
  • red truck 767.jpg
    red truck 767.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 34
  • red truck 696.jpg
    red truck 696.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 34

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y

Good luck.

X2, well built kit at a fair price, The only thing I don't like about it is the torsion bar drop brackets (Visually). I plan on getting the ready lift re-locaters to fix that in the near future though;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Look out the window now Simon-Almost brings a tear to the eye doesn't it?:D

My vote is Cog,RCD and CST. All really good lifts.

Someone somewhere around here is selling a Used 6" Cog for about $1200. That's a steal for someone looking to do a lift.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
Depends on how high, and what you are going to do with it. The cognito kit is great, Full Throttle is wicked also if you want to get into the big lifts. If you are sticking below 8" I vote Pro Comp. Many may disagree but I have 130k miles on mine and it has been jumped (4 wheels off the ground) sunk to the bumper in muskeg, also in snow. I have carried loads and trailers and I run with a heavy duty Bullet Proof bumpers and 12000lb Warn Winch weighing it down 24/7. It has never let me down. They have a new Knuckle kit my buddy just bought and he loves it! Chalk 1 on the board for Pro Comp(JMHO):2cents:.

Last edited:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
X2, well built kit at a fair price, The only thing I don't like about it is the torsion bar drop brackets (Visually). I plan on getting the ready lift re-locaters to fix that in the near future though;)

Please post when you do, ive been thinking about those.

Caper01

Dec 5, 2009
Will do.....

I've been searching for a good 4'' kit. Cognito was my choice because of the NTBD, and from what others say about it, but for the price of even just the base kit then all the add-ons to pervent long term problems, I can get what seems to be the next most popular kit that seems to stand up, which is the Tuff Country. Add some Bilestines and the Ready Lift system to get rid of the dropped bars and still cheaper. Post pics when you have it done!