Best HID replacement headlight upgrades for LLY

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I use retro-solutions.com
I just installed their projectors into my factory headlights on my LMM. I installed minimoto 6.0 projectors in an 05 GMC and the only difference in projectors is the bulb fit better in the retro solutions projector.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Pics

Thanks for the reply, any pics of them you can share?
I use retro-solutions.com
I just installed their projectors into my factory headlights on my LMM. I installed minimoto 6.0 projectors in an 05 GMC and the only difference in projectors is the bulb fit better in the retro solutions projector.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
a6umy3et.jpg
ejajy8ar.jpg
ny6yqyvu.jpg

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
x2 on the retro solutions. Just did hid replacements, no projectors or anything. Went with 35w lows and 55w highs, both 4300k. Just the lows are basically as bright as my old stock lights with both lows and highs on. And with both the lows and highs on with the hids is incredibly bright. Also definitely noticed the light shines a lot wider than before. Just a heads up I would only go with 35w in the lows, I've had a couple people flash me with just the lows on and have even had people driving infront of me pull over and let me pass.

The retro solutions are more expensive than the cheap shit, but worth it. I at one point bought VVME or whatever, and had 2 ballasts both die after 2 days. Figured it was cheaper to just throw them out than continue to pay shipping costs every time something went wrong.

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Andy...what year truck did u install them in? Right on guys..I'll check em out. I googled hid headlights and led tail lights...just didn't know what was good or not.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Mine are very bright and I bought cheap ones off eBay and haven't had any problems with them. I love them. Just aim your lowdown a bit and you won't get bright lighted. I've never been right lighted, or pulled over for them. When highs and lows are both on it's VERY bright.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

Goffe

Apr 22, 2016
921 Cadillac Ct, Milpitas 9503
Its seem an old thread, but I'm look for good headlight right now, and need helps from you guys.

These days I have been concerned about Broview Headlight, if anyone know them?

Last edited:

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Bringing a few threads back from the dead. May find more appearance related info on duramax forum. I have no experience with broview Amazon reviews are decent tho.

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
I just went with new headlights from feebay, and put in some 6000k HIDs...all brakes/turns/drls are LEDs. Im happy with it, but I dont like halos, projectors or any of that. I did get the all clear lenses, no amber ts. Hit or miss with feebay though, first set leaked, second set good so far. Ymmv.