Question: Best Battery???

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
If I did not get the Red top for 119 I would of bought this one at my cost of 170
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=117

I looked at the once at walmart and other parts store they were 90 to 108 ea so I tried something I have not tried before. Also I like how its sealed and can mount in any angle heck I might just end up adding a frame mount and running 2 and be done with it.

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
i have the duralast gold from autozone, 1000 cold crank, havent had a problem yet and i have ran duralast batterys in 8 of the trucks ive owned

Dirtymaxxx

Jan 31, 2011
Watertown NY
Hey Darkness..:eek:fftopic:....Love that pic with the Evo IX at the strip...I have a red Evo VIII...I need to make a photo up with my truck and car in it!!
Still undecided as to which batteries to go with....lots of choices to be had...

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
the original ac delco's in my 04 are pushin 7+ years and still great. they will do a -20F start still no problem after sittn a month damn things wont quit :confused: I bought a set of interstates a year ago for the hell of it to put in thinkin its time but haven't yet for the cost I hope they are worth it.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Im going to replace my batteries also.

Heres my .02$

My friend is a serv. mgr at a chevy dealer, says stay away from New delcos, lots of warranty issues for dead cells.

The Yellow top optimas are great, The red tops you buy at advance auto are JUNK!!! They dont last .. Weve been thru 3 of them in 2 years, My bud just had a bad one also.

Im going to be buying Interstate batteries this time, always had goor luck with them,

use to love delcos but now the quality has slipped since they are made in mexico .

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Who makes Cat's batts.? They will start that's for sure love the way they jump into the starter at -30 on the loaders. Plug in the block heater and it will start. The seconds from Cat would be fine for a Dmax probably.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
went through 3 sets of ac delcos in 4 years. now running red tops.ive had a red top on my work horse for atleast 6 years.would of liked to try the odysee but my ac delcos took a dump at the wrong moment.now im just crossing my fingers that these red tops last as long as my other one.....THEY BETTER!!

tadams72

Mar 27, 2010
I just replaced the original Delco's. Five years of hard use in a northern climate but when they went bad they really went bed. One case cracked and was leaking out of the positive terminal and both cases had started bulging. Not a lot of choices for batteries in my current location so went with Interstate (had good success with in heavy equipment). Done a couple Optimas in other vehicles over the years and probably will never by them again as I had terrible luck with them.

Dirtymaxxx

Jan 31, 2011
Watertown NY
Im kinda leaning toward the yellow top Optima....But who knows....Interstate makes some good batteries too...No rush, trucks sitting till april or whenever salt gets washed off the roads...lol

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Price a set of Cat batteries and see if they size up from the Delco dimensions, should be able to get the info on phone for CCA and all that. Interstates they sell in Colo and Wyo. are halfass at best. They freeze then it's weak and crap out from there on they go 2 yrs on a diesel that's F'd UP. 2 yr. old Interstate in Wyo. won't even run a turd grinder in an RV toilet that's pretty sorry.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My optima yellow tops just crapped out after 2.5 years what a joke I will never buy these overpriced POS again and the warranty was only 12 months WTF.

I had a red top that was 8 years old before but they must have gotten cheap my original delco's lasted 6 years so I don't know if I should get those or some wally world Everstarts

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
My optima yellow tops just crapped out after 2.5 years what a joke I will never buy these overpriced POS again and the warranty was only 12 months WTF.

I had a red top that was 8 years old before but they must have gotten cheap my original delco's lasted 6 years so I don't know if I should get those or some wally world Everstarts

Anything but an Optima, they are total crap. I've had good look with Interstate