Best battery to run as a single

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I've had it with ACD batteries. They are worthless POS. I don't care that they're still under warranty. I'm on my 3 set in 4 years and hate dealing with dead batteries so much. I'm ready to drop a nice chunk of change on a battery .I want to run 1 battery only as this is a race truck:rofl: I've had good luck with textile but I know there's better . My truck is completely dead right now because of this and the lift pump won't run so I have no fuel to the engine. Ac delcos are out and ready for recycling

I'm going battery shopping tomorrow so point me in the right direction guys.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ill remeber that brian lol.

I got a red top right now as a single but i couldnt say how long it will laat

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Ive had a red top optima as a single for 2 seasons now, its not a daily driver, but it always started the truck, even a few times in the lower 40s with no glow plugs.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
ended getting 2 red tops just a couple bucks shy of $400:eek:

and for shitz and giggles i tried starting my truck with just the PASSENGER battery and guess what......it started. then i tried with just the DRIVER and guess what.....it started. i felt like i was on myth busters with this whole "it wont start if the driver battery isnt connected":rofl:.Myth BUSTED in my case:rofl:
dont know why i bought two if it starts fine with 1:D
picture.php

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
optimas suck........... damn batteries took a shit!!!!!!!!!! good thing i posted this because it reminded me when i bought them , they are still under warranty

this is the last time i get optimas!!!!:mad:

thats also what was causing my irregular start ups, not the tcm:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Lmao!! :rofl:

Put a forklift battery in the bed. 48 volts oughta wind that starter like a jet engine.

Btw.... race truck my ass :D

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Hey, top my 6 sets of batteries in 3 yrs, then tell me to gtfo :rofl:

Need a jump......ratlletrap is more reliable than your lbz :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
optimas suck........... damn batteries took a shit!!!!!!!!!! good thing i posted this because it reminded me when i bought them , they are still under warranty

this is the last time i get optimas!!!!:mad:

thats also what was causing my irregular start ups, not the tcm:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lmao, I just realized how old this thead was. My optima crapped out too. I'm runnin a duralast single in it now. Two years old and still kickin