Benelli

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I am looking for a new shotgun to hunt everything. Looking for a semi auto. Any suggestions. A friend that deer hunts with us has one. I always wanted one, just looking for everyones .02

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Remington 870 or Benelli. I've seen those two shotguns go through some serious abuse and still function perfectly. Those 870's do a number on a door lock. haha

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
There was just a thread on this a couple weeks ago JFYI;) I have had great luck with the Remington 1100 and the 1187 12 gauge semi, but have yet to own a Benelli so I can't honestly say which is better...

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
Have used the super black eagle 2 for 3 seasons of pheasant hunting in south dakota and love it every time i take it out...The only draw back is that it trys to jam when you run light loads through it

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Franchi
Its made by Beneli, or Beretta one of the two. Not sure, someone chime in on that if you know forsure... They make a great gun IMO

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Ive got a benelli super sport and love it. Although its a bit too big of a gun when I start chasin blue quail. Ive also shot a benelli ultra light and loved it. And it doesnt kick near as bad as you would think for a 6lb 12ga shotgun. And ive also shot benelli novas too and they shoot goodtoo.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I have a benelli m2 and it's the best thing I've bought for hunting. My three other friends shoot sbe2s ad m2s and none of us have had a problem and we hunt quite a bit. I bought mine for $750 iirc with a walnut stock and purchased a comfortech for $128 on eBay. Best deal ever!!

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
That's the shotgun I want is the benelli M2 good price and quality

Oh Benelli is made by Beretta as is Uberti, Franchi, Sako, Tikka et all.

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
I have remington 11-87s and love it. Been shootin it for ten years threw rain, snow and ice while duck huntin. It has never given me a problem and will always shoot remington products. It is a little heavier than the Benelli tho. My uncle has a super blank eagel and has a problem with it where it will not go off sometimes. I always give him a hard time about it. He has taken it to many different shops and they can not fix it. I would look at the remingtons they are alot cheaper. Good luck happy huntin.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I've yet to see a benelli not fire. Tell him he may need a new drive because if the bolt doesn't cycle all the way forward it will not fire. Or if she shoots low recoil loads that would do it too.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Nobody has mentioned Winchester super x2 or Browning.....maybe nobody likes them or too much $$$.

Bill.

My friend had a sx2 and it was a pile. Be switched to an sbe2. I wouldn't hesitate on an xtrema either never heard anything bad

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
My cousin has a 1100 12 gauge that doesn't fire certain shells either.:confused:
Anyone have an ultra light forsale with synthetic stock?

I have had 3 - 1100's over the last 15 years and never had any problems with any of them firing. I still have 2 in the cabinet that won't go anywhere;) What kind of shells won't it shoot??:confused:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I got a benelli nova and will be deer hunting this comming weekend. Went target shooting for the first time yesterday with it to see how it felt and it was nice.

Lonnie

Horsepower Addict
I like my Benelli, but I think it is made for hunting people.....

Benellismall.jpg

Shoots anything from field loads to magnum slugs... even 1 handed.

Can fire about 3 rounds per second if you can pull the trigger fast enough.

Last edited: