Belts

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Update:

Lost the belt again last night. got on it gettin on the freeway, broke tires loose in 3rd and belt jumped off. Im gettin really f'in tired of this............

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yup, well within it.

Btw, i cant run the belt the way ppe shows for dual fuelers and the oil centrifuge. There is a bolt head that sticks out by my powersteering pully that would rub the hell out of the belt.

They have another belt routing that is specific to the dual fuelers and oil centrifuge. I'm not sure if the belt is the same or not though.

Duramax_DF_v4.jpg

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
They have another belt routing that is specific to the dual fuelers and oil centrifuge. I'm not sure if the belt is the same or not though.

Duramax_DF_v4.jpg

i tried to but where the belt runs from the powersteering pump up to the idler pully there is a bolt right there that hits the belt. all i can figure is cause since thats an lbz ( i assume) is they dont have that same bolt there. their idler pullys by the tensioner are in a different position than the LB7s too.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
LB7 is your problem. :poke:

Sorry James, wish I could provide some more help.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
LB7 is your problem. :poke:

Sorry James, wish I could provide some more help.

lol no prob Josh. Maybe i need a second set of eyes on this thing to see what im missing but i could swear ive gone over everything that could cause the belt to jump. Ill try shooting a PM to dan and see if they have a different routing for the LB7 with dual fuelers and the centrifuge

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Little update. lost another belt a couple weeks back. just have not had time to update due to holidays and camping trips

Lost another oreilys belt when it happened a few weeks ago. threw my now 5 rib green belt from PPE back on to get me by and that last another week before i got into it play with my TCM to get it shifting right again after takin it out of brians truck. luckily, its just completely throwing the green belt and not tearing any more ribs off. Not good though.

Talked with dan yesterday and got a couple more things to check and ordered another green belt (thanks dan!!! :hug:). I must say, hes been helpin me alot here even though everything checks out just fine with the dual fueler kit. really appreciate it :D

I may also try picking up a dayco tentioner from Autozone and try that. if i build a little tool, ill be able to apply more tention to the internal spring to pu tmore pressure on the belt. obviously i dont want too much or ill start eating belts but im quickly running out of options/ideas

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Try shimming your a/c compresser up a bit. That is a lot of belt and will stretch more than shorter oem will. This will give your tensioner more holding "length: if you will.

Try that and see if it helps, I had an onboard air compressor doing the same thing and this helped.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Try shimming your a/c compresser up a bit. That is a lot of belt and will stretch more than shorter oem will. This will give your tensioner more holding "length: if you will.

Try that and see if it helps, I had an onboard air compressor doing the same thing and this helped.

ah good idea! ill throw that in with the other tests, thank you

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Little update. Threw the new green belt on from ppe and the dayco tentioner on a week ago but never drove it hard as the truck was parked till i went on a wheelin trip. Took it out today after putting a new pitman arm on and gave her wot about 4 times. No jumping belt.............yet. see what happens after a few more miles on the way to the dunes

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Have not driven her much but at this point, no thrown belts. Given her about 6 WOT since with no issues yet. Diesel is too damn high to be drivin her around so ive been drivin the samurai.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Im a firm believer in the dayco tensioner
I was having problems in 2010 throwing belts at the track, tried a new GM tensioner & still did it. I asked on here, was pointed to the dayco & haven't had a problem since

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well started driving the truck again for the week. So far so good! im pretty sure shes all good now

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
James if it comes off when I'm moving you gotta come get me lol ESP of its dark lolol I'm skurrd

Sent from my iPhone.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Im pretty sure its licked. got quite a few WOT under the belt now as well as about 1500 miles. :woott::woott:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
As far as the bolyt I believe there is a cap screw bolt i think is what they call it that can be Installed.On 2 installs we ground the bolt down till it had clearance.Theres not much to grab onto now but I have had it in and out a few times without problem.