Bed support rails rotted.....

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
When I was at the moonshine mans house a few weeks ago, his brother was there with his 06LBZ and he had the same issue with the rails rotting out bad. He showed me the pics that him and Tony took. His truck is real clean and not a spot of rust anywhere on or under the truck. He took it to the dealer and they replaced the bed with a used bed they sourced from somewhere (I think, Tony can correct me if Im wrong). It had to go through approvals and have a GM rep look at it but they did replace it none the less. Maybe an option for you guys

Brand new GM Bed, over $7,500 it cost GM for the new bed, the paint and swap, all under warranty.

:thumb:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
If anyone is in the tri-state area, Eastern Welding in Riverhead NY has an LMM and LBZ/LLY beds, the LMM is a factory takeoff.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Colorado doesn't use salt on the roads though…just sand, correct? When I was in Denver I didn't see any older vehicles rusted like here in MI.

I think my supports are good. I wash mine a lot though and have been storing it for the past 2 winters. My dad's 06 has a lot of surface rust underneath though…especially the bed supports.

They salt the roads everywhere..... and pretty heavy threw idaho and Utah our mixture used to be 8 to 1 (8 tons of sand to 1 ton of salt) now it is 3 to 1. I'm not sure on Utah's mixture

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Hmm...was just putting my summer rims/tires on today and was assessing the rust under my truck. Not too bad. Rest is to be expected since we use pure salt with liquid chlorides. Bed rails are actually looking sturdy. Cab corners and rocker panels, not so good. Can get my fist through them!