Bed Liner Advice

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
So since i've owned my truck it has been a bare metal bed and now four years later it is pretty tore up. I've been wanting to get it spray lined for a while now but it's not cheap. I'm trying to decide if i should pull the trigger and use some tax money on this or not. Has anyone tried the roll on stuff you can buy? Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Garrett

AZBio

Sep 12, 2010
Chandler, AZ
I have not done a bed with the roll on stuff but have done some smaller stuff. Off road race car floor boards and panels. Stay away from the duplicolor. It was very thin and did not coat well. The herculiner worked well and would be what I would use if I were to tackle this project. Also you can put it in a drywall texturing hopper gun and spray it. Works great.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
I have not done a bed with the roll on stuff but have done some smaller stuff. Off road race car floor boards and panels. Stay away from the duplicolor. It was very thin and did not coat well. The herculiner worked well and would be what I would use if I were to tackle this project. Also you can put it in a drywall texturing hopper gun and spray it. Works great.

Hmmm... That's got my brain gears turning. Have you ever rolled it on or just sprayed it? I've done a little roller turnin' in my day, but never with something like this.

AZBio

Sep 12, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Hmmm... That's got my brain gears turning. Have you ever rolled it on or just sprayed it? I've done a little roller turnin' in my day, but never with something like this.

I have. You can get the kit from herculiner with the fancy rollers. Worked pretty good. But when I tried the texture gun, I never looked back.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
ive done both, and the professionaly sprayed always comes out alot nicer..