bds, pro comp, rough country, or zone??

arglove

Apr 17, 2015
i have a '15 dmax 4x4 that I want to lift 6" and run 35x12r22s proly. ive been doin some reading around and it seems everyone likes their bds lift, but also people seem to like zone, rough country, and pro comp also. I mean they're all pretty similar it seems to be just a personal opinion type deal. I had a 6" pro comp on my '07 1500 that I never had a single problem with and I put about 150k+ miles on it then sold it to my buddy last year and hes still driving it today with no problems. so that alone makes me think of just getting a pro comp, but then again ive read you get what you pay for and bds is a little more expensive so it makes me think its gonna be a little better quality wise. also looked into cognito but they seem to be the most expensive... im a new diesel owner and would rather spend a little more money on something I know is going to last. my uncle and me are the ones who are going to install it so which would you guys say is the best bang for my buck. also it seems like a lot of lifts have about the same lifetime warrantee so if something were to happen to any of the lifts, then I would imagine it would get replaced no matter what brand I go with. anyways, im new to the site and would appreciate any opinions or thoughts. o, and I def want a non torsion bar drop. I think that looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. thanks!

arglove

Apr 17, 2015
yea Ive heard that before. thanks a lot! guess its just a matter of deciding between the price and the height I want if it comes down to those two Im picking between

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
all good lifts. if you get a pro comp, make sure it is the spindle drop lift, NOT the UCA drop lift. they offer both and the UCA drop lift will give you issues

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
personally, tough country has been my long time fav for price and build. the fact they hold up so well in sled pulling says something about them

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have both a 6" Pro Comp on my Lb7 with 37's and a 7" BDS on my LMM with 35's. It's hard to say what one I like better. But if I was hard pressed I'd say the Pro Comp. No spacers on the CV's and on hard launches it goes straight. When I tried that with the LMM it wanted to crab walk.

Nick

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I like the idea of both, but I think that if there is the need for front diff repairs, the 3 pc subframe would be easier to remove the front diff?