Banks new Billet crank with larger rod journals- sema

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I've yet to Banks on here posting about is efforts to help us all out. They makes some high quality stuff geared towards a very specific market, but they're not helping move the community forward, they're helping sell Banks parts.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
More cool stuff.
Banks is coming out with new billet cranks with larger journals.
jatetuhu.jpg
7aqe3ape.jpg
uqehu3aj.jpg
maga2aha.jpg

http://bryantracing.com/miscellaneous/

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I like "innovation". Most people on here are copy cats. And I don't think Banks is bad mouthing anybody but sounds more like the other way around. It was only quoted that "Oval pistons ruin combustion swirl". How can anyone prove different?
I like making power and again will be proud of using fingers pistons but again I feel we need more low rpm, off the line, combustion event data.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
No I did not get that info but I would assume they are because they have a 427 in the rail and claim it spins 8000 rpm

I'm not a BANKS fanboi...but
Banks has been chasin that sustainable 8k RPM benchmark for diesel motorsports for some time, that's pretty cool if it's been attained:thumb:

Gale Banks is well known to be a blow hard, self promoting, self righteous jerk

But as a company, Banks products work, his experience is mountainous and undeniable and his efforts are great and broad in many different venues, albeit Banks shit is expensive it's typically pretty effective.

As for the new crank with another manufacturers engravings, well, lots of different companies come together for R&D sometimes, who really knows the backstory, Banks typically isn't one to "share" so it does seem odd, and laughable that it was caught on film "BANKS label" in red of course, hand scribbled over Bryant's engraved label on that crank

:roflmao:

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I'm not a BANKS fanboi...but
Banks has been chasin that sustainable 8k RPM benchmark for diesel motorsports for some time, that's pretty cool if it's been attained:thumb:

Gale Banks is well known to be a blow hard, self promoting, self righteous jerk

But as a company, Banks products work, his experience is mountainous and undeniable and his efforts are great and broad in many different venues, albeit Banks shit is expensive it's typically pretty effective.

As for the new crank with another manufacturers engravings, well, lots of different companies come together for R&D sometimes, who really knows the backstory, Banks typically isn't one to "share" so it does seem odd, and laughable that it was caught on film "BANKS label" in red of course, hand scribbled over Bryant's engraved label on that crank

:roflmao:

Cool:woott:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I wonder if that crank would fit cheaper rods "gasser rod price"?!?! probably not though. I searched for ever for a rod that would fit our trucks but couldn't find anything. It woulda been awesome if a bbc gasser rod woulda worked.