Banks new Billet crank with larger rod journals- sema

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
More cool stuff.
Banks is coming out with new billet cranks with larger journals.
jatetuhu.jpg
7aqe3ape.jpg
uqehu3aj.jpg
maga2aha.jpg

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did they say if they are using them in either of their race engines?

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Did they say if they are using them in either of their race engines?

No I did not get that info but I would assume they are because they have a 427 in the rail and claim it spins 8000 rpm

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I believe it will be a great product, will work great, and break the bank for us normal guys.....hell banks is trying to sell the government a performance package for the humvee for like 50k to add not even a hundred hp.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I am not knocking you mikey, banks is making some good stuff, just there marketing, price, and outlook on the rest of the diesel world just sucks. I am not sure how much stuff they or is a relabled product. There damper looks a lot like a fluid damper, just socals look like ati damper.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I believe it will be a great product, will work great, and break the bank for us normal guys.....hell banks is trying to sell the government a performance package for the humvee for like 50k to add not even a hundred hp.

I was told at the sema show that banks did not get the government contract and went with Cummins because of their reliability.
Again, I'm just a messenger.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
According to my source that crank setup was part of the marine engine program a few years ago. Funded by the navy, paid for by the taxpayers. Banks didn't get the contract.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I am not knocking you mikey, banks is making some good stuff, just there marketing, price, and outlook on the rest of the diesel world just sucks. I am not sure how much stuff they or is a relabled product. There damper looks a lot like a fluid damper, just socals look like ati damper.

So Cal dampners are made by ATI
Guy helped co design them

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
:rofl: every time a banks thread pops up man you know what is going to happen. I do honestly believe banks makes good products, but he is targeting rich folks and the govt contracts. Which is fine more power to you if you can afford his stuff

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
:rofl: every time a banks thread pops up man you know what is going to happen. I do honestly believe banks makes good products, but he is targeting rich folks and the govt contracts. Which is fine more power to you if you can afford his stuff

I look at it more like we need to follow the leader when we design and make the stuff we can afford. I thank Banks for helping the whole Duramax community as I really appreciate their workmanship.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I look at it more like we need to follow the leader when we design and make the stuff we can afford. I thank Banks for helping the whole Duramax community as I really appreciate their workmanship.

I don't think banks bad mouthing the entire aftermarket diesel industry is helping anyone??? And I certainly don't consider him a leader in the industry the men like rob mark guy pat fingers these guys were there from the beginning of the duramax performance gold rush.

If gale is gonna bad mouth everyone for runnin dirty tunes I challenge him to make c set of pistons last more than a pass