LB7: Banks hot pipe to s400

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
So I went ahead and got myself a banks 3" hot pipe off flea bay and was curious what is needed to join to a s400 in the valley,I have never seen one so have no idea how close the pipe will come to the housing.I know il need a vband on the pipe just want to see what everyone else has done.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
We ran one on our LLY first year. Needed a good bit added to it to reach that high but worked great to get us started. Banks i/c pipes are high quality.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Thanks for the replys,guess I should have called wcfab or mark before I jumped the gun.Know where I can get one used or reasonably priced for a direct bolt on?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
It wont take much to add a couple inches to the pipe. But you will need to get the V band style end on it to make it work unless you have a s400 with the hose style outlet. I personally would post it on duramaxforum for 5 bucks under retail and order one from hsp.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Will the pipe clamp to the charger but not the ic or the other way around?Spiro just shot me a text and has one for me.Guess il sell the banks .Thanks Spiro

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Wish I had a pic. I don't know how much was added to it, with the v band, maybe an inch on the turbo side. I don't recommend whatever length mine is... The bale connectors rub on it, and my turbo is clocked quite a bit.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Cut it in the middle, add bead rolls to both ends and use a straight boot there. Then up top go to himini racing and get a v band to 3.5 inch slip adaptor, order a 3 to 3.5 silicone reducer and t band clamps. No sweat.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Cut it in the middle, add bead rolls to both ends and use a straight boot there. Then up top go to himini racing and get a v band to 3.5 inch slip adaptor, order a 3 to 3.5 silicone reducer and t band clamps. No sweat.
Thanks,Will give it a go,has to be better than the 4 ft long 90 boot from factory.