Baer's EradiSpeed+1 & Wheel/Tire Sizes

Daveroonie

Aug 16, 2012
North O.C.
So my build is going for safety, reliability and power in that order of priority. My truck is going to be used for MILD off-roading for camping adventures. I am looking at installing Baer's EradiSpeed+1 set-up. For those that don't know this is basically a set of brackets that relocate the front stock caliper outboard and a set of larger diameter front discs. Therefore with the ame pads and pressure you are acting on a longer lever arm and apply more stopping power.

My truck has the stock 16" wheels. I am SURE this won't allow for moving the calipers out at all. Has anyone installed this system? What wheels did you run. I'm wondering if the OEM 17" wheels would cut it. I'm thinking of putting on 285/70R17's (33's) to get a little more ground clearance. But I don't want to lift the truck (I'm looking for function and not monster truck looks). Has anyone run this size tire without a lift?

Thanks everyone. I'm not the dullest crayon in the box but a lot of this is new to me.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You'll have to raise your torsions a little bit or trim the front valence slightly at the bottom to clear the 285s. Leaving everything alone, you may scrape the valence when turning while backing. No big deal either way.