LB7: Bad Injectors... Maybe... Thoughts?

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
I would either clean the hell out of your existing hard fuel lines to your injectors or just find a company that does an exchange for remanufactured /cleaned lines. No reason to ruin your brand new expensive injectors. There can be alot of hidden debri in lb7 lines.

ljackson2644

Jan 14, 2013
29b1055c6a7f370faacf08dcf2177b11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljackson2644

Jan 14, 2013
That's the first line I pulled off. What's your guys thoughts on how this looks. Looks like a lot of dirt just sitting there. ??

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Looks pretty normal as far as crud goes.You can soak your lines in a rust remover if they are not pitted too bad on the ends where they meet the injector.With your new lines or your cleaned ones installed a dab of sealer around the line where it meets the nut will prevent dirt from collecting and falling into your new injectors if you need to open it back up again.

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
Looks pretty normal as far as crud goes.You can soak your lines in a rust remover if they are not pitted too bad on the ends where they meet the injector.With your new lines or your cleaned ones installed a dab of sealer around the line where it meets the nut will prevent dirt from collecting and falling into your new injectors if you need to open it back up again.

What he said^^^ That crud in the injector is from pulling the line off and the debris from the nut falling in it. Like he said putting some rtv where the line and nut meet is good insurance

jojo

Dec 12, 2013
Southern California
That is similar to what my first experience was on my first injector service. The drivers side injectors were caked with crud/mud. The passenger side not so. I found a hole in the turbo tube from rubbing up against the frame. My truck was a farm truck, it lived in dusty dirty conditions. You will find carbon at the tips. At least I did on my first and second time around. Check your pipes from turbo to inter cooler as I found the drivers side pipe on my second injector service revealed friction from rubbing up against the frame just the same. As previous post suggested, use some rtv, silicone on the fuel pipes when you are wrapping it up. Good luck

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Download the Merchant Automotive app. They have a good write up with pictures about cleaning the lines. Also has the torque specs & procedure on setting valve lash, might as well do it since your in there

Last edited:

ljackson2644

Jan 14, 2013
That APP helps out a lot! All the torque specs in one place. I also have EFI Live coming. I purchased a Flash Scan V2 tune and Scan tool. With I should be able to scan and record all the information from the fuel system, i.e. Rail pressure and injector flow rates correct?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
That APP helps out a lot! All the torque specs in one place. I also have EFI Live coming. I purchased a Flash Scan V2 tune and Scan tool. With I should be able to scan and record all the information from the fuel system, i.e. Rail pressure and injector flow rates correct?

Yes

ljackson2644

Jan 14, 2013
Alright anyone who may be willing to help me out I have a couple questions. 1: I got my injectors installed and everything back together. Took my time making sure it's right. The wiring harness that lays over the engine and plugs into the injectors and FICM, the very last plug all the way down by the crank, where does it go to? There's two the same and I know it's right there somewhere just can't find it.

2: I used dialectic grease with all my wiring plugs on re install. Will that cause any issues?

ljackson2644

Jan 14, 2013
Yep that's the two. I found that last one it was up higher the. I was looking. Cam sensor unplugged is why it wouldn't start. Started up now and runs excellent so I'm closing this thread out. I want to say thanks to Brent@LDS for the amazing customer service and excellent product!! And thanks to everyone that added any advise. All was used and appreciated!! Thanks everyone.