LMM: Back Left door lock not working

t2timmy

2015 LML Denali
Jun 28, 2013
CT
Out of the blue yesterday I noticed only the back left door lock is no longer working?? It worked earlier in the morning and then later in the afternoon no more. Whether I use the keyless remote button or the actual button on the door panel, it doesn't actuate. Would this be a problem with that specific lock actuator in the door? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

t2timmy

2015 LML Denali
Jun 28, 2013
CT
Ah ok thanks. Is it difficult to remove the door skin and get at it? Mines an LTZ model and has all the nice faux wood grain and all.

t2timmy

2015 LML Denali
Jun 28, 2013
CT
For anyone who finds this thread in the future... the stealership wanted $167 for the Rear Door Lock Actuator Motor. I searched online and found GMpartscenter.net and they have it for $84 shipped to my door. The part number is 25789219. Hope it's right haha!

t2timmy

2015 LML Denali
Jun 28, 2013
CT
CORRECTION on the part number..... GM parts site was wrong. However I entered my VIN in when ordering and they cross referenced the VIN on their own and emailed me saying the real part number is: 25876393. I called and verified. Damn thing is $122.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Hey guys I just found what I think may be an alternative fix to this problem for way cheaper. I found a company that just sells the motor inside the actuator. For the motor and a new gear to be shipped to my door it was only $38. I will post an update when I receive and install this motor. Here is the link to check out though. If you have folding mirrors..... they also have replacement spur gears available.

http://www.gruvenparts.com/2007-2014-gm-door-lock-actuator-repair/

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Ok so the new motor works like a charm. The process is pretty straight forward other than two rivet heads you need to grind off. Then you will need to drill a hole in the middle of the rivet to accept a small self tapping sheet metal screw. There is no soldering involved in replacing the motor. If you choose to go this route, take care when drilling the holes in the rivets. If your drill bit binds up the other end of the rivet will start spinning making both drilling and tapping the threads way harder. If you have a drill press that would help a lot but I used a hand drill. Here are some pictures, one of the burnt motor and one of the sheet metal screws I put in. Also, putting some loctite on the screw threads is a good idea just for piece of mind.
picture.php

picture.php

JDT4430

Jul 29, 2014
Glad I found this my back passenger side and the front driver side work sometime and sometimes they don't. Sometimes at the same time and other times its one or the other.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
I've also got a locking issue. However it's the driver door. It locks fine from inside the truck, however the keyed entry from outside the car doesn't work. Key won't budge. Don't have a remote so not sure about that but I would guess it works with remote since it locks from inside the cab via button.

Might need a new lock? Not a huge deal, but it is bother some to open the doors from passenger side, since no remote yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
On my last truck (2008 2500) I had to replace two, very easy to do. No way I would pay a dealer to repair unless it was covered under warranty.