B99 Fuel.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Are local oil company just started carrying this. I filled the truck up today with it just to try.Seems to run as good on it. Does anyone have any info on this fuel? Pro's, Con's..?

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
if your gonna keep running it i would get yourself a spare fuel filter, bio-diesel is a detergent and all the gunk that regular diesel leaves in your tank will be cleaned out and plug up your filter. good news is that it usually only happens once. I've run 100% bio in my truck and i swear the throttle response is better and it def. runs quieter

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Sounds like some decent stuff. I can say it's not any worse. The stuff smells kinda cool also, smells a little racey:cool2: I noticed it doesn't really smoke as much. I'd be interested to see some dyno results of it..

Price isn't either 3.00 gal.:eek:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Joey, With B99 you wont make as much hp as you would with #2. Bio Diesel when burned wont produce the same amount of BTUs(energy) as #2 I would stick with #2. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I thought biodiesel had a higher cetane rating and thereby would perform better??? It's very likely I could be mistaken though.

I know I'd be running it if it were available around me.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Well i went over to the DP and did a search. Seems to me that everyone seems to think it lubricates great, clogs filters quikly, gets worse fuel miledge than #2 and makes less power...So i guess i'll just get some good lubing for awile?? That sounded bad:eek:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Well i went over to the DP and did a search. Seems to me that everyone seems to think it lubricates great, clogs filters quikly, gets worse fuel miledge than #2 and makes less power...So i guess i'll just get some good lubing for awile?? That sounded bad:eek:

:rofl:

How much is #2 diesel per gallon?

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Lube good, very good, typically less smoke, quieter, Less btu = less hp, higher ctane rating though. One less barrel of foreign oil, priceless... I can only get B20 in Colorado Springs. Its typically .05 to .1 per gallon over diesel #2. Worth it if I can get to that side of town. I haven't run it in my DMax yet, just through my VW.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
How about mixing B99 with some off road? If the B99 has a higher cetane but less btu, and ORoad has higher btu but less cetane, would mixing the 2 give the best of both worlds? It did feel the B99 had better responce.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Any of you look into making your own bio diesel? I just picked up an old electric water heater and a few 55 gal. drums a couple weeks ago to start my parts collection. Just gotta figure out where to buy Potassium Hydroxide and Methanol in bulk :confused:

-Kyle

ace75

Mar 18, 2008
I would recomend an engine oil analysis and frequent oil changes. We had to drop the oil pan on an engine that was running off of b99. The oil filter was clogged full of sludge, and there was probably at least 2 quarts of tarlike sludge in the oil pan,

nosliw

Apr 19, 2007
PNW
i'd spend a dollar more for B100 than i would for petro diesel if i could buy it locally.

better for your engine
better for our economy
:)