Axle Dump Exhaust

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Had mine dumped just over the rear axle since 2013, its a 5in flo-pro without the last section on. No soot on the truck and I haven't been turned away from the track. Drone isn't that bad either.

Mine is a 5" FloPro also. I thought about just taking the last piece off but wasn't sure if that angle would cause a problem or if it needed to be pointed more towards the ground . Could you post a pic of yours please?

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I ran one. Cut up 5" mbrp, ran the axle bend towards the center and dumped behind the axle. Drone wasn't too bud but the truck was also on 12" of lift and 40s so it sat quite a bit higher than stock. You can see it in this pic.....sorry for the large by hugelayout. Guess it didn't re size
picture.php

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine is a 5" FloPro also. I thought about just taking the last piece off but wasn't sure if that angle would cause a problem or if it needed to be pointed more towards the ground . Could you post a pic of yours please?

I added about 12" to my Magnaflow 4" to just below the axle tube, no soot whatsoever collecting under the truck or on the bumper.
=
hrh8jb.jpg

=

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
How does that Flo pro sound? Is it straight piped. I have 4in and after the new turbo install its a little raspy at higher rpms. Will 5" help out.

5in straight piped, I have manifolds/up pipes/downpipe. Not raspy but extremely loud lol. As posted above the 5in is a lot deeper.

Last edited:

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach

This is an old pic, the angle is slightly different now and it sits a little higher. I post another picture after work.

Attachments

• dumped exhaust.jpg
    dumped exhaust.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 36

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Most of the stacks I've seen have a small hole drilled in the lowest part of the 90* where it comes up to let rain run out.

I always assumed that would just be an invitation for rust. I also hate any exhaust leaks even if it was just a 1/16" hole

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I like your truck. How long have you had it that turned up on stock bottom end? Any time slips with that setup?

Did all the work Aug 2014. No time slips with the current set up, the closest 1/4 track is 100mi away. I stay out of the big tune, I'd have to run a log on my DD tune to see what its at as I cant remember. It is faster than my stock turbo/fuel built trans tune though.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
5in straight piped, I have manifolds/up pipes/downpipe. Not raspy but extremely loud lol. As posted above the 5in is a lot deeper.

Maybe you could post a pic of where it hooks up to the DP for me if you have time.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I went ahead and took off the tail pipe section today. So far i like it. Looks much better, no rattle, a little louder and a little more drone but not bad.