Awesome song

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
love that song to , i like many kinds of music but country is the only music left that still holds the attitude and beliefs that i myself do . and actually writing songs about family , freedom, good people , and actually stands for something posative . and none of the country singers are making asses out of them selves trying to be hotshot celebrities cause there fan base would never tolerate it . but i still gotta crank up some rob zombie from time to time :D

Well said...I feel the same.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
yep, good song, I'll listen to anything but rap, hip-hop and opera :barf:

I prefer 70's, 80's & 90's hard rock and country though :D

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
joe diffie,, mark chessnut, diamond rio, black hawk, clint black, neal mccoy, dwight yokam, colin raye.. metalica, nicklback, godsmack, airosmith, aldean bently, jeff owens, sammy kershaw, sawyer brown steve wariner, teri clark..

and some older 80s rock

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
joe diffie,, mark chessnut, diamond rio, black hawk, clint black, neal mccoy, dwight yokam, colin raye.. metalica, nicklback, godsmack, airosmith, aldean bently, jeff owens, sammy kershaw, sawyer brown steve wariner, teri clark..

and some older 80s rock
looks like our ipods are the same..........except for colin raye :barf:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
no ipod or cd player for me, but those guys would be on there if i had one. i have to wait till i'm 40 min from my house to get a country station. but at my garage i get like 4 different country stations. here at work i just listen to some internet stations, hey it beats listening to the wack station we have here at work.

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
no ipod or cd player for me, but those guys would be on there if i had one. i have to wait till i'm 40 min from my house to get a country station. but at my garage i get like 4 different country stations. here at work i just listen to some internet stations, hey it beats listening to the wack station we have here at work.

its like that with a good rock station near me.. got 3 out of columbus and one out of dayton... the columbus signasl end on the opposited side of town that i live one :baby:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Someone should make a list of the best country and rock artists and songs. I have no idea on what country is good and what isnt so im looking for some good stuff to add to my ipod.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Here are some off the top of my head

Classic Country -

George Jones - "He Stopped Loving Her Today", "The Grand Tour", "She thinks I still care", "White Lightning", "Choices", "I don't care if tomorrow never comes" (duet w/ Hank Jr), and many more...

Johnny Cash - "I Walk the Line", "Folsom Prison Blues", "Cocaine Blues", "A boy named Sue", "Ballad of Ira Hayes", "Man in Black", "Ain't no good chain gang"(w/ Waylon Jennings), "Crazy Old Soldier"( w/Ray Charles)...and many more

Hank Williams Jr - "Family Tradition", "Dinosaur" (greatest Hank Jr song), "Feelin' Better", "All my Rowdy Friends have Settled Down", "If the South woulda won", "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound", "A Country Boy can Survive", "Man of Steel".....and many more (except the latest stuff)

Outlaw Country -

Hank III - "Crazed Country Rebel", "I Don't Know", "If the shoe fits", "H8 Line", "P.F.F.", "Atlantic City", "The grand ole opry ain't so grand anymore"

Chris Knight - "Rural Route", "River Road", "Bridle on a Bull", "It ain't easy being me"

Red Dirt -

Casey Donahew Band - "White Trash Story", "12Ga"

Reckless Kelly - "Vancouver", "Wicked Twisted Road", "Sixgun", "7 nights in Ireland"

Corb Lund Band - "Hurtin Albertan", "Copenhagan"

New Country -

Luke Bryan - "We rode in trucks", "All my friends say"

Eric Church - "Before She does", "The Lightning", "These boots"

The Roadhammers - "I'm a roadhammer", "Girl on the Billboard"

The Jamey Johnson songs I mentioned before..

80's country -

Shenandoah - "Darned if I don't danged if I do", Church on Cumberland Road", Janie Baker's love slave", "If Bubba can Dance"

Diamond Rio - "Bubba Hyde", "Norma Jean Rylie", "Meet in the Middle"

Randy Travis - "1982", "Better class of losers", " I thought he walked on water"

Mark Chesnutt - "Too cold at home", "Old Flames", "I just wanted you to know", "It sure is Monday"....and many more

I have alot more, but thats some country to get you started....enjoy

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you like classic country, here's a local radio station that also plays on the internet. They play a lot of stuff you won't hear on regular country stations. http://www.theranch1041.com/